New G-Body Frame "Box-in" Kit

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
These new kits are cut out with a water jet and then CNC bent for continuous quality. These kits box in the open space in your frame where the trans cross member is located. They have the holes cut into them where you access the body mounts and other stuff...

Click link to view/purchase:

http://www.gnsperformance.com/products/framebrace_boxinkit.html

brace 010.jpg

A picture with these installed would be helpful. :)

I have pictures of them installed on an ElCamino but everything is all painted black so there isn't much to see...We are going to get some good pictures as soon as possible...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks like a nice kit for those without the tools to cut and bend themselves. Could you share the thickness of the plate?

Looks like a nice kit for those without the tools to cut and bend themselves. Could you share the thickness of the plate?
Its the exact same as the stock frame, its like 11 ga.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

any pictures of these installed in a frame and are these ment for 2004r `s or ?

any pictures of these installed in a frame and are these ment for 2004r `s or ?

Not sure if any of our customers have taken any pictures yet but, Yes these are meant for G-bodies including the 2004r's

cause my regal came with 350 box and i think it has a slight difference in where the trans crossmember mounts

cause my regal came with 350 box and i think it has a slight difference in where the trans crossmember mounts
Your right there is slight difference but if we know what trans you have we know what slight changes to make to the kit! ;)

well cant make the boxingparts to fit for a 350th anymore cause the car now will have a tremec 5 speed

Does the kit include the small piece that would weld in between the trans cross member and the proportioning valve?

Scott I imagine its because on the other cars the trans cross member bolts there? Any other reason that I am not thinking of? Is is possible you will add this piece into the turbo regal kit at some point?

Also do you recommend welding these in fully or cross stitching the welds.

Scott I imagine its because on the other cars the trans cross member bolts there? Any other reason that I am not thinking of? Is is possible you will add this piece into the turbo regal kit at some point?

Also do you recommend welding these in fully or cross stitching the welds.
Cross stitching is the best and easiest...

Not sure if we will add it, possibly in the future... They are designed to fit All G-bodies including the el-camino's with the only difference being the trans cross member and trans..

The El Camino has a longer wheelbase (117"). The regal/monte/etc are 108.0" or 108.1" depending on the year. So do these come longer to cover the longer frame rails?

Last edited:
It says you might have to move factory fuel filter. What about the fuel lines and brake?. Do you have remove them and put a aftermarket line. Or just leave them in there. I'm really interested in this product. Any pics?