New from the Gem State

Bruce Compton

Hello, I have visited TurboBuick many times` just looking. We have Three G-body cars but up till now have never owned a turbo Buick. I have a chance to buy a car and thought this would be a good place to get good information. I will be asking some questions soon. Glad to be here. :smile:

Welcome.

What year Turbo Buick are you looking at? 86 and 87s (intercooled) are the most desirable and cost the most. Earlyer Turbo buicks (hot airs) can still be made to go fast but don't have as good of resale and can be harder to find parts for. I'd guess that about 90% of the people here have 86 or 87s.

Lots to learn here, and nice people. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The search function works great too.:)

Make your self at home.
Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

What year Turbo Buick are you looking at? 86 and 87s (intercooled) are the most desirable and cost the most. Earlyer Turbo buicks (hot airs) can still be made to go fast but don't have as good of resale and can be harder to find parts for. I'd guess that about 90% of the people here have 86 or 87s.

Lots to learn here, and nice people. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The search function works great too.:)

Make your self at home.
Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard
I am actually looking at buying two cars. Both are 87 TTypes, intercooled and one is a
WE4 car. They are both very clean well cared for cars and have had the turbos` and the fuel systems whized up some. They run good and drive like new cars.

Would be nice to do a compression, and leak down test before you buy. These cars can be made to go very fast, for next to nothing. This can lead to some bad abuse in the wrong hands. Keep us in the loop. Would love to see pics. Any questions? Ask away.

Mike Barnard

Sorry to not get back for a couple of days. Whe I get the cars home I will take some pictures and try to send them. I don`t seem to be able to load pictures on my computer at this time. It will get fixed. Thanks for the interest.

Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere.

Be sure that you get a list of all the mods done on the car(s). As some will not be obvious.

*Fuel pump
*injectors
*chip
*turbo
*Etc

This will save you money and greef later.

Mike B.