New from south Florida

c55asleep

First off, hello to everyone! Trying to learn all I can with my purchase of an 87 GN. I recently sold my 09 ctsv and purchased it. Interior is in great shape and exterior needs a paint job. On Monday I'll be dropping it off to get painted. I purchased all the weather strips for the doors and door jams. What I need now is to do a tune up. Wondering what should a buy? Preferred brand?? Thanks!

Roly

Roly,
The tune up is a combination of lots of different parts working together for a common good. There is no one thing or a chip that does it all. Best to start here. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
Don't just trust this car with any old mechanic. You should get with people in your area (there are lots;)) and find someone who specializes in these cars. This ain't a small block Chevy. They make tons of power with only a small cubic inch. Things need to be set up correctly or you'll hurt something. Not trying to scare ya, just don't want you to find out stuff the hard way. That's how we are around here. We help each other. Those that have been helped, pass it on to the next guy.:)

Welcome to the site. Let us know if we can help.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Roly,
The tune up is a combination of lots of different parts working together for a common good. There is no one thing or a chip that does it all. Best to start here. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/
Don't just trust this car with any old mechanic. You should get with people in your area (there are lots;)) and find someone who specializes in these cars. This ain't a small block Chevy. They make tons of power with only a small cubic inch. Things need to be set up correctly or you'll hurt something. Not trying to scare ya, just don't want you to find out stuff the hard way. That's how we are around here. We help each other. Those that have been helped, pass it on to the next guy.:)

Welcome to the site. Let us know if we can help.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Thank you for the input i appreciate it.