New Forum Section? What do you guys think?

my1stgn

I know I brought this up about a year ago but I figure I might throw this out there again. Do you guys think we should have a "Best of" section? For example I always see questions like "whats the best slic" best chip, fuel pump, heads, injectors etc. Now I know some of these are not as clear and cut as others. For example most here think 60lb motoron injectors are the best high resistance injectors but then there is a lot of opinoins on slic. But if we could have a section where we go to read what everyone rights about there recommendations for "Best SLIC" then I could see everyones opinoins, pro and cons on each brand. As apposed to reading different opinoins on different posts and not coming up with a certain decision and have to repost another "Whats the best" thread. Hope this makes sense.

It would be nice but people probably STILL wouldn't take the time to see if their question has already been asked.

It would crossover too much.

Best turbo - turbo section or best of section?
Best trans - trans section or best of section?
Best tires - wheel/tire section or best of section?
etc.

It would crossover too much.

Best turbo - turbo section or best of section?
Best trans - trans section or best of section?
Best tires - wheel/tire section or best of section?
etc.

Well thats what Im saying. If you want to go try to diagose your turbo issue, you would go to the trans section but if your in the market for a new turbo and want to know whats the best turbo for a 3200 stall or best street turbo, then you would go to "the best" section. And if some idiot posted in the general section to see what the best whatevr is, it would be easier to re-direct him to the best section than to tell him to do a search. But I dont think we would know how good it works unless we try it.... but I have a feeling people on here are not really looking for change.

sounds good to me, what could it hurt? as long as they leave it specifically for that. it seems like it would be an ALL POLL like section
like best oil?
mobil 1 40 votes
valvoline 38 votes
amsoil 39 votes

or
street turbo
44 80 votes
60 60 votes
63 65 votes
67 50 votes

best stall for street with either of the mentioned turbos above.
3000 100 votes
3200 125 votes
2800 95 votes

have a street section then the race section

best brand stall for race
Precision 100 votes
Art carr 110 votes

best brand stall for street/strip lock up
PTC 150 votes
Prescision 90
West coast 95

best brand stall street/strip non lock up
Art Carr

etc. then again it may be opening a whole new can of worms.????????
since all of these would be OPINIONS ONLY of course.
alot would definately depend on combinations of other factors.

what may work for some may not work for others as far as stalls, turbos , heads. but i think it would give people a ball park figure of what to buy.
If it doesnt work couldnt you just delete the whole section? or tryit for a month's trial run?? I could see the pro's and con's to this whole thing.

but i would still do a search to see what particular problems people have had with certain turbo's, verters, oil, etc. its still worth a shot i'd say.

We wouldn't need those sections if people properly titled their threads. When you title a thread, try to be descriptive so that when someone with the same issue or problem is searching weeks, months or years from now can find it. There are way too many posts titled "Engine problem" or "I have a question".

I think we should give it a shot and se how it goes for a month or two. I imagine the first few weeks it might be slow but as questions are asked , ie "Whats the best high resistance injectors" then people could post what they run and pro and cons. Also where to buy.

I don't thinks its worth it then why bother to have a search title???? If you use it right we wouldn't need another section and there's always gonna be different best to everyone else....just my 02s

The combo section we put up last year was supposed to help with this. If enough people posted their combo's one could go through and find the ones similar to theirs....

It would be hard to filter that. If time permits in the near future we have a couple of neat things coming that might help this situation too:biggrin:

alot would definately depend on combinations of other factors.

there have been a lot of guys posting info of "combos" .. to me simple is best but most want to re invent the wheel and when they are done their wheel is still square :p

We wouldn't need those sections if people properly titled their threads. When you title a thread, try to be descriptive so that when someone with the same issue or problem is searching weeks, months or years from now can find it. There are way too many posts titled "Engine problem" or "I have a question".

this would help the most.

The poll idea would end alot of searching, ESPECIALLY for three letter topics..
What tires for the street
what o2 sensor
what plugs
what injectors with X turbo
what converter with X turbo
which buick event are you going too
what oil

The research the person posting the poll will determine the benifit of the information, as in choices and question wording

I know my self, I looked high and low for a good combo. What is a good tire width? ect. Lets go for it. And can always learn something new.

My vote is for a two month trial run,if it works leave it, if not scrub the whole section and then we can at least say we tried it. Jon Hanson

I like the idea of having a "what's the best" set up, but to avoid duplicate, or crossovers, why don't we sticky these posts in each of their respective sections?

Best rear disc upgrade, goes in the brakes section,

best turbo in that one, etc etc?

I really like an idea of a "what's the best" because sometimes even the search function doesn't work that well. (Sometimes! LOL)

Just my 0.02

Well the reason I brought this up is because I have tried to use the search button and about 90% of the time I dont find what Im looking for or the information is out dated. I think the search is good for looking up other more specific stuff like p/n's etc. But if we had a section or just stickies at the top or each section saying "Best Injectors for Stock ECM" then it would be easy to read peoples post and opinoins. I saw we go for it!