New boost Gauge question

GNXV6

Hi I installed a new vdo 30hg 25 boost gauge and when the car is at idle the gauge is at 20hg. When the car is off it's at 0. Is this normal?

Thanks

Last edited:
Unsure. What do u mean by "the car is off"?

Assuming your describing full throttle and should be getting some boost...then no, that is not normal.

Your vacuum at idle seems normal.

Is the waste gate rod connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unsure. What do u mean by "the car is off"?

Assuming your describing full throttle and should be getting some boost...then no, that is not normal.

Your vacuum at idle seems normal.

Is the waste gate rod connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the car is not running it is a zero. when the car is running at idle it's around 20 hg. My old vdo gauge did not have vacuum boost only. Correction I miss read the gauge. its at 16hg idle.

thank you

Last edited:
Hi I installed a new vdo 30hg 25 boost gauge and when the car is at idle the gauge is at 20hg. When the car is off it's at 0. Is this normal?

Thanks

This is normal.
I have a similar vac/ boost gauge, reads 0 when car is not running.
Reads around 15 hg at idle and goes into boost while accelerating, hits max boost when your blowing the doors off the other guy, as you well know.
Damn, now I want to go for a drive.

This is normal.
I have a similar vac/ boost gauge, reads 0 when car is not running.
Reads around 15 hg at idle and goes into boost while accelerating, hits max boost when your blowing the doors off the other guy, as you well know.
Damn, now I want to go for a drive.

Good to hear thanks! Getting my car ready after a 15 year sleep. she is starting to wake up! Alky kit next.