KNOCK RETARD:Zero
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:760's over the line
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:1620
TRACK ELEVATION:10ft ?
TEMPERATURE:90+ degrees
PEAK BOOST:24 psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH:3 psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:29K

I run a Greddy ProfecB specII boost controller.

Todays I ran the car progressively faster. Runs were 11.890, 11.531, 11.475, 11.383, then the 11.249. Thanks to the words of my friend Roy Garcia.. start off slow.. work your way up.. The first pass I red lighted and didnt launch(seat time)

First runs converter not locked. Last run it was locked :D

Way to go Julio. About time that thing started putting up good numbers. Too bad I can't chase you anymore :(

And I see you went to a Max Effort?

Originally posted by RobR
Way to go Julio. About time that thing started putting up good numbers. Too bad I can't chase you anymore :(

And I see you went to a Max Effort?

I went with the ME-r due to several customers running them and I felt what better way to learn to use the technology. Pretty easy.. need more fuel..up the thumbwheel.

Hey there was a GTO from BMR Fab here today ran like 10.50 on the bottle.

You can still chase me with the GTO :)

Lee.. thanks.

Those are some real nice pump gas times. At what ET level are you going to start worrying about the stock main caps?

I'm also switching to ported heads and a cam (208/208) what rpms are you finding that your car likes to be shifted at now?

Jason

Originally posted by Razor
I went with the ME-r due to several customers running them and I felt what better way to learn to use the technology. Pretty easy.. need more fuel..up the thumbwheel.

Hey there was a GTO from BMR Fab here today ran like 10.50 on the bottle.

You can still chase me with the GTO :)

Lee.. thanks.
Very cool. It won't be long and you'll be in the 10's :)

BMR's goat is the fastest in the country right now. He's trying to hit 9.9 before the 408 goes in. Only problems so far: popped a head gasket and lost the posi on the same run.

My GTO won't be as fast as the TTA, at least that is the plan right now. Goal is to hit 12.0's consistently and make it stay together. Its a heavy pig with me in it~39-4000 lbs.

Originally posted by postal
Those are some real nice pump gas times. At what ET level are you going to start worrying about the stock main caps?

I'm also switching to ported heads and a cam (208/208) what rpms are you finding that your car likes to be shifted at now?

Jason

Dunno... i'm worried anytime the car goes down the track. I guess one of the majical things about cheesy head gaskets is..if the cylinder pressure goes up to high for what ever reason.. let it pop the gasket. I bet these motors can take a lot of abuse as long as detonation is kept in check. I'd hate to see what would happen if it detonated hard and the head gasket didnt blow. Things would get ugly fast.

I have another block here, probably get it girdled.. but thats months away.

I shift the car at 5400-5500 1st/2nd, 2nd/3rd.. With the converter locked it drops to like 4k when it hits third. Tell you what, looking at the tranny shifts on direct scan, my 2004r wasnt happy yeterday :D So I am quickly approaching its current limits really quickly.

i'll keep turning up the boost/timing.. see where it ends :D

What can I say... Congrats buddy!

Its real fast now! And its so many 11 second TTA:s out there now, its not unusuall anymore to go that fast.

Btw, you are faster than Mike Shoenfield now LOL.

Daniel

IS that the same cam grind you had in the motor at BG? I'm still on the fence as to which cam to go with for my winter project???
My race ported heads should be almost done, now to pick a cam and get'er done. I noticed you run 42 psi of static FP. What is your injector DC?

Joe,
I'm having mixed feelings. The cam is noisy and sets of the knock detector. At least its holding together as a positive..

Yes it is the same 210/205.. but its on my list of next things I want to change and get something less noisy.

IDC at 80% currently running 760-770's and i'm blowing a lot of methanol.

Congrats, nice runs :D

Definatly makes me think if I ever get this car running good again I have to try some alky :)

Steve

Joe,
I'm having mixed feelings. The cam is noisy and sets of the knock detector. At least its holding together as a positive..

Yes it is the same 210/205.. but its on my list of next things I want to change and get something less noisy.

IDC at 80% currently running 760-770's and i'm blowing a lot of methanol.
How is it noisy? I had that cam in for over 20K miles and it wasn't "noisy". Didn't have a problem setting off the knock sensor either. Of course I didn't run the boost way up either ;)

Shaking it down..

24 PSI on alky..

Cant wait for better weather..

I think 10.80's are way reachable....

sounds like the front mount might be working out for you! :)

Originally posted by RobR
How is it noisy? I had that cam in for over 20K miles and it wasn't "noisy". Didn't have a problem setting off the knock sensor either. Of course I didn't run the boost way up either ;)

Rob,

On my car its the last thing I have left to go back to how it was. See back in Jan I did the heads, cam, and rockers. Ever since that time, i've had knock noise whenever its gone to WOT. Hell I can even set off the knock detector in neutral.

I took the belt of the motor.. rev'd it.. still does it. Tried different ecm's, chips, computers, set the lash at different preloads, still knocked when I free rev'd the motor. swapped converters.. same..I then took the roller rockers off, put the stockers.. same thing... arrggg :mad:

I even tried race gas making sure it wasnt an octane issue..

Coupled with comments from Cal and Louie that these cams were noisy... So i'm down to the speedpro single chain w/new GM dampner, the cam, the GM lifters, or heads cuasing this. I'm betting cam. Maybe I got a bad grind??? dunno.

My current fix is putting knock ignore in the chip up to 40 MPH. After that.. it reads everything.

Tracy, every bit helps.. hope I dont have to swap cams by pulling the motor :eek:

January i'll drop in a girdled motor i've been collecting parts for. See how far a 9 bolt goes. And the 2004r.. and ... hehehe

You gonna be tuning this thursday at bmp?
I'll cut class to see ya run another set of runs like that.
Good luck

Ken

Ken,
Not this Thursday. Next one most definetely. I have a new set of injectors(65's) coming in tommorrow and need to dial them in. Hopefully this weekend i'll have some time to play.

I may hit the 1/8 mile local track(Sunshine) and see about crossing the 100MPH barrier.. would love to see the TTA run what my ex-Camaro did.. 6.80 @ 103 with a 1.58 60 foot. Its going to be a stretch tho :D

Plus 1/8 mile is a lot nicer on the motor..

Hey you need a spare set of rear wheels? I have an extra set i'll sell cheap.. They have a set of BFG bald DR's on them.... But dont want to ship them.