New best while at Reynolds, 10.85!

captflash

Old and Bold
I had a lucky streak today at the Southern Boosted Showdown, a new personal best of 10.85 at 122.9mph!!!
My previous best had been an 11.77 so this was a big jump for me.
60' ... 1.57
330' ... 4.461
1/8 ... 6.92
MPH 99.94
1000 .. 9.04
1/4 ... 10.856
MPH .. 122.93
18lbs. of boost and launching at b2-3lbs. of boost
A special thanks to Cal Hartline for the tuning help today! :cool::D

Good to meet you today.....impressive car...and you drove it over 600 miles....

Nice run, Capt. Flash.....heard you tree-ed JD in TSM..:D...... wish I could have been there....maybe next year !!

Congratulation Flash! You have a killer combination. To drive over 600 miles, take the tool box out of the trunk, run a BUNCH of high 10's and drive it back home is simply amazing. I can't wait to see what that beast is going to do with the boost turned up, race gas, and some good tires. You ran almost 126 with just 18 psi! Now go catch me a Marlin :D

Very Impressive! You and I would be dead even! (except you are at 3 psi less!)

Congratulation Flash! You have a killer combination. To drive over 600 miles, take the tool box out of the trunk, run a BUNCH of high 10's and drive it back home is simply amazing. I can't wait to see what that beast is going to do with the boost turned up, race gas, and some good tires. You ran almost 126 with just 18 psi! Now go catch me a Marlin :D
Thank you Cal. It was great to be able to make those runs and then load up and drive back. I really appreciate all the time and tuning that you did to make the "rusty gold t type" run those times!:cool:

Flash it was great to meet you. Congrats on the great runs and thanks for the ride back from the restaurant !

If that was your rusty gold T, I loved seeing you click off a bunch of high 10 second passes in that thing! Driving it up is icing on the cake. Go make some money with that thing on the street.. :)

I'm writing this post to tell everyone who was at Reynolds and saw that rusty gold t-type run high 10's over and over and started rootin for that silver haired guy
and thinkin "who is this guy" !!! Well, I know Flash for 25 years and have to consider him one if not my best friend. We met in 1987 and have been doin stuff together for 25 years. He's a fishing boat Capt, and a world class one at that, has held a few world records and on and on. I also was in the boating industry and we've traveled far and wide together,Bahamas, Costa Rica, Venezuela, West Indies, rode out hurricanes, some 2,000 mile trips, and more. His abilities as a Capt. are exemplary and his rep is known throughout the industry.
Now the part of this story that all of you guys can relate to...and as the close friend that I am, I unfortunately had to bare through it all also...:eek:
In the 3 1/2 years that he has owned the Gold Car, he's spent so much money renting a trailer after break downs, I think he has stock in U-Haul !!!
Tranny's up the ying yang, converters, head gaskets, broke crank, fires, wiring chit, you name it, it's happened !!! I always felt so bad for the guy cause I had my GN workin pretty good and didn't have near the problems he experienced. I had bought an XFI about 2 yrs ago from Cal, and shortly after that, talked him into going the same route. Cal fixed him up with the right stuff and slowly but surely all the troubles that chase us all around started disappearing. This past weekend was the first time the guy went to the track and was able to drive his car home and not have it in pieces.... ( 1300 miles round trip...ya gotta love it ). So I'm almost as excited about how the rusted gold car performed as he is....:D
I've seen all the heartache, disappointments, money spent, headaches, stomach aches, car rentals ( it's his only car ), and total frustration with that gold rusted piece of.......
But finally, finally, it's all paid off for him and I know he's got a big smile goin... I went to Reynolds last year and had a great time but couldn't make it this year. I know all
of you guy's are top notch and Flash told me it was great.... I know that some experiences are very special times and stay in your thoughts sometimes forever, and I think this last weekend is one of those times for my friend Flash....
I have a feeling you can all relate to this post, and just felt the story needed to be told because you're all a part of it...only wished I could have been there....

Thanks Fred, that's very kind and it's a very accurate portrayal of my experience with "Goldy". It was a great time and I met a lot of great people and it was good to put faces to names.As you said, it's an experience I will always remember. And to be able to drive it home, priceless! I too wish you had made it but next time. Thanks again my friend.

Thanks Fred, that's very kind and it's a very accurate portrayal of my experience with "Goldy". It was a great time and I met a lot of great people and it was good to put faces to names.As you said, it's an experience I will always remember. And to be able to drive it home, priceless! I too wish you had made it but next time. Thanks again my friend.

You're a motivator for us that like to drive into a race; and hopefully drive home. I hope I can run 10's in a Buick event and drive home someday. The closest event is always at least 600 miles away, so it'll be an adventure. But that's what's fun about the car hobby in general and you sir, are a real road warrior.

Keep it up.