New best in the rx-7. 10.14!

forcefed86

Hot nasty weather to boot! it was around 89-90 during these passes.

Went a new personal best.

10.14 @ 132. And a 10.17 @ 133. :D

A friend got some good video footage of the 10.17 as well. Just have to wait for him to upload it.

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

:cheers:

very nice.what was youre tune. and how do you like running with the powerglide.was talking to a buddy of mine about them. they work really well and can be built for short money.

very nice.what was youre tune. and how do you like running with the powerglide.was talking to a buddy of mine about them. they work really well and can be built for short money.

I like the glide alot. It feels slower at the track until you get your slip! Street driving is cake as well, you just have to be geared for it. I'd suggest a 3.08 and a 27-28" tire. My local trans guy charges $150 for a "freshen". Not bad compared to the $1000 it cost me to freshen the 2004r's. He tore it down in front of me in literally 10 minutes. I plan on doing rebuilds myself in the future after seeing how easy these come apart. I'm not going to lie though I do miss over drive on the highways. I use a dash mounted gps. 58mph is around 2500 rpm and as high as I take her cruising. 28" tires don't fit great either.

photo2-1.jpg

Congrats brother, that is quick! Pretty cool, go from breaking rocker shafts, pedestal mounts, and questioning whether to run those 6293's or not, to running that kind of #! Nice work!

Right around 3k race weight now I'd guess. The car itself was 2650 with a 1/4 tank no interior no cage. I have since changed quite a bit. Stopping by the dump is on my "to-do" list.

thats quick man i like that first gen you got..is it OG or hybrid also? ive had a couple 1st gen's i just sold my last one to buy my newest buick which was a mistake! i lost big time when i sold it....i had 12a half bridge pinned.. on e85 with a one off custom intake with 4 1600 injectors 74mm big shaft borg warner the pic next to my name is the turbo..tell you one thing she ran strong asss hell.. a microtech stand alone some ngk 115's and weldon fuel pump with turbo 2 tranny and an 8.8 rear..i would run 6.4-7.3 all day on the 1/8th..and from a roll i promise it was almost unbeatable..you gave me the fever make's me want to get another one..

thats quick man i like that first gen you got..is it OG or hybrid also? ive had a couple 1st gen's i just sold my last one to buy my newest buick which was a mistake! i lost big time when i sold it....i had 12a half bridge pinned.. on e85 with a one off custom intake with 4 1600 injectors 74mm big shaft borg warner the pic next to my name is the turbo..tell you one thing she ran strong asss hell.. a microtech stand alone some ngk 115's and weldon fuel pump with turbo 2 tranny and an 8.8 rear..i would run 6.4-7.3 all day on the 1/8th..and from a roll i promise it was almost unbeatable..you gave me the fever make's me want to get another one..

Unfortunately I sold the 1st gen after some moron rear ended me. They are better swap candidates IMO. The rear setup is easier to swap out and they are a good 600lbs lighter. Local acquaintance at our track went 8.5x’s on a tubbed 1st gen with a junkyard 5.3 ls motor/turbo setup. (still holds the record for fastest stock LS motor I believe). With some of the new ceramic side seals out there the rotaries are no joke these days either. I played with them back in high school and they never lived long…but they were pretty awesome while they lasted! Of course we didn’t have $200 WB02 sensors and affordable standalone units back then either. Don’t give up, build another!

Hot nasty weather to boot! it was around 89-90 during these passes.

Went a new personal best.

10.14 @ 132. And a 10.17 @ 133. :D

A friend got some good video footage of the 10.17 as well. Just have to wait for him to upload it.

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

:cheers:

Good to hear those injectors are working good for you.Almost in the 9's...

Good to hear those injectors are working good for you.Almost in the 9's...

Thanks, believe it or not I just picked up your injectors from the post office today. They were lost in forwarding address hell and it's almost impossible for me to be around to sign for a package. They look great, hope the chip works out. Planning to turn the boost up a bit with the 120's. :D

Thanks, believe it or not I just picked up your injectors from the post office today. They were lost in forwarding address hell and it's almost impossible for me to be around to sign for a package. They look great, hope the chip works out. Planning to turn the boost up a bit with the 120's. :D

ok,I'm glad you have them.See how the chip works for you,then maybe have eric set it up for your combo if you need to..With a couple more pounds of boost and a good 60ft you will be in the 9's for sure..I'm thinking 9.98et@135mph or maybe more:D:D

New personal best time and MPH for me... And I have video footage of the some wheelie action. Unfortunately I did not get good footage of the better wheelie I did. I'll post up video soon. The car drives hard to the left when both wheels come up though. Not sure what that's all about. :dunno: Good feeling to getup on 2 wheels and drive home though.

Anyway ran a 10.06 and Best mph of 135.54. I dropped about 50lbs off the car last night. Rear bumper and supports, hatch struts, exhaust heat shielding and tow hooks, and swapped in a 14lb PC680 battery in place of my 30lb red top optima. Few more weight reduction plans in the future and some 90/10's on order. I want 9's on this little 6 before swapping the LS motor! :drive:

1355mph.jpg

1006et.jpg

Man I wish you were closer to handle a nitrous small block powered RX-7 here! Congrats!!!