New best from today

No, he told me not too long ago in a text. The very fact that I questioned a 20-mph drop from 140 to 120 should tell you I had no idea he let go at 125, which is why I was saying what I did. I initially thought he somehow reached 140, eased off, dropped to 122, yet still ran a 9.4, which is why I emphasized braking, as well as credited him for 8 second potential. Also, those calculations don't use drag, weight & aerodynamics as variables, as engine braking alone from an auto would make a difference from say depressing the clutch within 320 feet...

th400 rmvb brake ... there is no engine braking

I'll quote Grumpy..
His ET "Woulda, coulda, shoulda, been.." :barefoot:

His ET is what it is.. lifted or not.. :blackeye:

well woulda coulda shoulda ...murph got to track today..and it was quick
im sure he'll post the new bests

Left lane.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1415557184.289099.jpg

You're nibbling real close to high 9.2's with that last 9.31 you ripped today.
Won't be surprised to see you rip a low 9.2 or better the way you're shaving little by little of time off your runs. Good stuff, keep it up :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You're nibbling real close to high 9.2's with that last 9.31 you ripped today.
Won't be surprised to see you rip a low 9.2 or better the way you're shaving little by little of time off your runs. Good stuff, keep it up :D

Thats the plan. Just nip away. Putting some new gears in, going to 3.23s from the stock 3.42s. Hopefully that will help a little too and also give me some breathing room with the rpms up top to turn it up more.

Thanks for the props guys. I'm still on unported GN1s but there's still more left in it I think. I was only at 26psi boost on that pass. I may make some more runs at that boost with the 3.23s this year, but I will probably wait until spring to finish turning it up as I have some more data I want to log but have to install a couple things first. You never know though......

he needed to go back sunday ..the heat was on :)
... i came close Saturday at atco to topping his MPH and that was without any traction having to lift after the launch and climb back up from 3200rpm @ 2psi . only pulled a 9.86 but should have been in the high 9.40's
i need to get the baseline uppers out of the box and onto the car and the sway bar I put in his car seems to work so both of my racers might be getting that
and i need to get some of those mickey pros but with only two weekends left of racing i dont want to get them just to have them sit around for another 8 months of winter like we had last year

I should be throwing 3.23 in his today (or tomorrow) , my 86 will be getting them as well because i already have to go in for a bad pinion bearing thats whining under load

now if he hadnt staged the boost controller to drop the boost to 24psi 1.5 seconds before the end of the track he would already have a 9.2x slip

i need to get the baseline uppers out of the box and onto the car and the sway bar I put in his car seems to work so both of my racers might be getting that
now if he hadnt staged the boost controller to drop the boost to 24psi 1.5 seconds before the end of the track he would already have a 9.2x slip

Yup...... Fixed. Here it is in the log..... boost is green, dropped at around 7.8sec into the run....

XFI_clip.JPG

And here is my crazy looking launch with my current anti roll bar and baseline uppers....

Etown_launch2.JPG

Here it is in the log..... boost is green, dropped at around 7.8sec into the run....

Hmm, so I was right, you let off after the 1000 foot mark lol... :p

Murph, I'll get that last and final pass on quality video this Sunday for these guys, so make it count brother! Turn that boost up and let her fly with those 3.23's, 150-mph here you come...

Actually, that was the log and pic of the launch from the 9.31 pass on Sunday. Here is the launch from the 9.41 pass a couple weeks ago...

Etown_launch_26th2.JPG

Still comes up as a photo and not a video.
because it is just a photo from the photoshop at etown ( you can see their watermark across the pic)

there wasnt anything to see the car just rolls out as you see it in the pic , no up.. no down... no bounce... just forward