new best 1/8 tonight..

he's running "big boost" because this is a low compression, hydraulic roller street engine that was only supposed to run 10.50's in that 3600# SLED.....right Mike?:biggrin: Wait until he wants to go fast LOL!

With unported GN1s a Hydraulic roller I have to run 30-31 psi to run a good number..

Congrats! Running this fast with a stock block isn't going to happen on 23psi like some people lead you to believe. I'm glad to see someone isn't afraid to post their real boost numbers!:cool:

I can GUARANTEE the reports of 23 and 24 psi are accurate. It's all in the combo.

I can GUARANTEE the reports of 23 and 24 psi are accurate. It's all in the combo.

I agree.. There are different ways to make power. Some like lower compression and more boost and others like it the other way. Also, from what I've seen there are some TSM cars that run a TON of timing, however, that can be a very dangerous game to play:eek:

he's running "big boost" because this is a low compression, hydraulic roller street engine that was only supposed to run 10.50's in that 3600# SLED.....right Mike?:biggrin: Wait until he wants to go fast LOL!

right on Billy.. i can't wait for a re-freash on the motor, THEN we will see some good numbers come out of this car :biggrin:

Whats the difference in compression between a low compression 109 that has to run 33psi of boost to run 9.70's and one that runs 23psi and runs the same number at the same weight? I can't believe going from a 8.0 to a 9.5 compression ratio makes a 10psi difference.

Whats the difference in compression between a low compression 109 that has to run 33psi of boost to run 9.70's and one that runs 23psi and runs the same number at the same weight? I can't believe going from a 8.0 to a 9.5 compression ratio makes a 10psi difference.

Try 10.0:1 or more and solid cammed. I $hit you not. The fastest TSM engines are up over 10.0:1. They have to being limited by the 3 bolt, and stock intake. They cant get much more air in the cylinder so there is a lot of timing and squeeze. I doubt going up 1.5 in compression ratio would have those effects but the engines are built to have the highest tolerable brake mean effective pressures at the boost stated which would be at 23-24psi. Raising the engine speed via solid valvetrain will yield better effects than more boost since they are running such high bmep's. Revving will allow more airflow. I cant imagine where the 109's could be if they allowed larger than 70mm tangential 4 bolts and anything other than a stock intake on the solid cammed screamers. They would be damn close to TSO numbers though broken blocks would be the result.

right on Billy.. i can't wait for a re-freash on the motor, THEN we will see some good numbers come out of this car :biggrin:
Good numbers. Thats funny. What are your current numbers considered?

Good numbers. Thats funny. What are your current numbers considered?

once i get a nice flat 9.50 out of this 109 i will be a little more happier.. If i lived back home in Maryland, Billy would have had this car there and passed that mark by now.. it's a little hard being 3000+ miles away from Anderson and try to dial this set up down that low without hurting it.. like he stated, we are in a area that i never really designed this motor for, i only wanted a10.50's block..

Try 10.0:1 or more and solid cammed. I $hit you not. The fastest TSM engines are up over 10.0:1. They have to being limited by the 3 bolt, and stock intake. They cant get much more air in the cylinder so there is a lot of timing and squeeze. I doubt going up 1.5 in compression ratio would have those effects but the engines are built to have the highest tolerable brake mean effective pressures at the boost stated which would be at 23-24psi. Raising the engine speed via solid valvetrain will yield better effects than more boost since they are running such high bmep's. Revving will allow more airflow. I cant imagine where the 109's could be if they allowed larger than 70mm tangential 4 bolts and anything other than a stock intake on the solid cammed screamers. They would be damn close to TSO numbers though broken blocks would be the result.

Bingo!

Ahh, I see now. Those people that runs 9's with 23psi have a race only engine that never sees 93 octane or regular street duty?? No wonder my car sucks...it's a street car. Here I am thinking it was my tune all this time. I'm having to run high boost numbers to make up for lack of compression. :rolleyes: Guess I'll be pulling the engine out and getting more pistons or just run 30 to 35psi all the time.:mad:

Me know no?

:cool: Most will not believe but with the OEM computer, Poston headers, TT 18 degree street chip and a flaring 2nd to third 2004R trans (that's why the mph is down/ET) in a 3700 lb. AC street car on 275/60 MT drag radials with a 4 pd. foot brake launch at MIR in Maryland on 11/06 I went a 10.15 @131mph with 21 pounds of boost (1.46 60 ft.) If I came out at 5 pds. of boost I would blow the drag radials away. My engine is close to Nordy's hyd. cam build with 245 cubes and approx. 9.2 compression. Trans is now fixed and I went to the track once and now the mph is up around 133/134 with the same boost but that day at a different track rental on slicks I could not get a short time so no 9 sec. pass.
PS: My goal is to run in the 9's on unleaded/alky in a daily driven street car at 20 psi. using an oem block:eek: :D

MIR pic below!!!

:cool: Most will not believe but with the OEM computer, Poston headers, TT 18 degree street chip and a flaring 2nd to third 2004R trans (that's why the mph is down/ET) in a 3700 lb. AC street car on 275/60 MT drag radials with a 4 pd. foot brake launch at MIR in Maryland on 11/06 I went a 10.15 @131mph with 21 pounds of boost (1.46 60 ft.) If I came out at 5 pds. of boost I would blow the drag radials away. My engine is close to Nordy's hyd. cam build with 245 cubes and approx. 9.2 compression. Trans is now fixed and I went to the track once and now the mph is up around 133/134 with the same boost but that day at a different track rental on slicks I could not get a short time so no 9 sec. pass.
PS: My goal is to run in the 9's on unleaded/alky in a daily driven street car at 20 psi. using an oem block:eek: :D

MIR pic below!!!

Why is my pic gone?

Ahh, I see now. Those people that runs 9's with 23psi have a race only engine that never sees 93 octane or regular street duty?? No wonder my car sucks...it's a street car. Here I am thinking it was my tune all this time. I'm having to run high boost numbers to make up for lack of compression. :rolleyes: Guess I'll be pulling the engine out and getting more pistons or just run 30 to 35psi all the time.:mad:

Dont let the compression ratio get you down. I would rather have the tangential 4 bolt, GN1 race intake, and bigger comp wheel than 1.5 more comp ratio. And you are correct TSM is not a "street" class. Most of them are very hardcore race cars with tons of $ spent . There are a few that stand out or stood out as less race oriented. Those are RJC's car and JRSGN t-type (well he sold it now). Both of them are hydraulic cammed and have seen street use. Jason still has the AC in his car. But for the most part they are more racey than street. Then again they are limited by the small turbo and stock intake runners where a street runner could do what he wants and not sacrifice driveability. Running the big BB tangential 4 bolt with a mild converter ,spooling with nitrous, running the GN1 intake on top of those high flowing race ported heads, being able to be lighter in race weight gives us more advantage than a TSM car to go faster. If a slid cam was thrown into this and a really fast car could emerge. For a stockblock the ultimate would be a high compression stage 2 headed, sheet metal intake, solid cammed animal. That would give the highest performance potential. Engine would need a lot of hardblock and would not last too many passes at the potential power level it could make. It should be noted that the TSM guys could dial their cars in at 20 psi with a smaller turboand alky and still run low 10's all day long.

And you are correct TSM is not a "street" class. Most of them are very hardcore race cars with tons of $ spent . It should be noted that the TSM guys could dial their cars in at 20 psi with a smaller turboand alky and still run low 10's all day long.

Ooops, better not tell that to my car...lol I get it out on the street pretty often to mess around with the Mustangs and LS1s. That is one reason I stayed with the hyd cam and unported heads. Nothing special in the engine except the basics.

At 20 psi and a good track I would say consistant 9.8-9.9 without alky.

sorry, no NOS on this GN... all motor and turbo powered.

i actually meant to ask it to the guys that are running in the mid to high nines on 20-23 psi of boost.

33 psi of boost sounds realistic on a 250 inch motor with 6 holes. to go nines with a 3500 lb brick