New B&M shifter, what you think?

ineil

I will be installing in a few weeks, got a great deal.

B&M #81057 COMPOSITE X PRO RATCHET RACE SHIFTER APPLICATIONS:
GM - TH400, 350, 250, 200, 700R4, 200-4R

Attachments

• B&M Composite X shifter.JPG
    B&M Composite X shifter.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 267
Are you going to remove you center console or mount on top? If removing and wanting to sell it, can I have first offer?

Gear shifter looks great by the way!

I haven't figured that out yet. I will most likely integrate it into the existing console.

shift1.jpg

this is the B&M hammer i put in mine, but went back to a stock style shifter when i put the 2004r back in

Here's mine, had in there for about 3½ years. I have a black custom knob on it now with the Grand National logo with checkered flag embeded in the top of the knob. Pretty cool!

Attachments

• shifter2.jpg
    shifter2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 229
Here's mine, had in there for about 3½ years. I have a black custom knob on it now with the Grand National logo with checkered flag embeded in the top of the knob. Pretty cool!

Donnie, what shifter is that? I got to have one!
That must be a old pic. Still have the translator plus.

I have a question about those ratchet shifters. Since I've never had the chance to fiddle with one I don't know how they work. I do follow that you can move it once to go up or down a gear but the one writeup I read made it sound pretty complicated with latches and such and sometimes pulling a lever and sometimes not.

Is there one that just goes one gear up or down depending on which way you push it and locks you out of neutral so you can't go there by accident? That's really all I want. Of course it'd be nice if I could go from park or reverse directly to 1st but not essential.

Jim

My B&M Street Stick (no longer available with plate). :redface:

Attachments

• Shft1.jpg
    Shft1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 192