new and need help with misfire

blackbetty85gn

new to forum and to grand nationals need a lot of help. my gn is misfiring ive changed the spark plugs and spark plug ignition wires. was going to look at coil packs. anyone have any other suggestions on wat else to do plus the part to use?

To get help post more info on the car like how long has it been missing did you buy the car this way or one day did this start happening any recent work done to the engine, cam sensor or crank

I can tell you when mine was missing my cam sensor wasn't set correctly try setting yours and set the crank 25• Atdc on compression stroke use a marker and mark your balancer for future work good luck and keep us posted on what you find

Sorry bro I almost forgot it could be something small like a bad fuel filter check pressure at the rail it should be 28-30 with vac line on with vac line off I believe it will jump like to 40-43 read the stickys it should help

i purchased the car lik this and the car is completely stock. my plan was to drive it for a couple months and discover any issues it may of had. thanx for the info ill let u know wat ill post wat i find.

Ever since I changed my spark plugs and wires in mine I think it also has a miss fire... Think I got dirt on one or two of the plugs when I was changing them(pain in the ass passenger side)

Or maybe my wires are bad, but I'm doing bodywork anyways right now

Ever since I changed my spark plugs and wires in mine I think it also has a miss fire... Think I got dirt on one or two of the plugs when I was changing them(pain in the ass passenger side)

Simply take each spark plug wire on check the ohms. They should ohm out within 10 % of each other. Check the ohms on the coil pak. It should ohm out between 11-13000 k. Brad

There are so many things it could be. Geesh, I replaced all my sensors and wear items just to keep from chasing gremlins, which from time to time still surface. I really dont mind because I have learned a ton...since taking the project on. It can get frustrating though.

my plan is to eventually do the same thing as you toby reaplce all the sensors and also to any hoses. wahoo dont evn get me started on the difficulty of the passenger side plugs.

Long extension and swivel socket lol what a PITA

Only way to start narrowing it down is to start by doing some spring cleaning if it's all stock change the obvious good luck bro

i just got my car back cuse so freakin person slashed my tires n they noticed that my alternator is busted so wat is a factory replacement