New Aeromotive In-Tank Fuel Pump/Cell Combo, Anybody running one?

This is a NICE system. I wonder if its compatible with E85. Too bad they don't sell a setup like this with a poly cell.

If you download their instruction sheet, it says E85 under compatible fuels. NICE

They also say compatible with turbo or carbed setups. And horsepower levels ranging from 300-1700 depending on pump used and regulator. I measured inside my trunk and I could fit their 20 gallon without a problem. I'd rather have the more capacity since it is a street driven car.

They also say compatible with turbo or carbed setups. And horsepower levels ranging from 300-1700 depending on pump used and regulator. I measured inside my trunk and I could fit their 20 gallon without a problem. I'd rather have the more capacity since it is a street driven car.

Ya, thanks for the info, this is perfect for what I wanna do. I will definitely be picking up the 20gallon. We know how quick e85 burns.:biggrin:

I had this installed this spring. It is a stock location baffled aluminium tank in which there is an Aeromotive fuel pump and 100 micron filter. There is also a fuel level gauge that connects to the stock wiring harness. The tank is baffled to prevent fuel sloshing around and having the motor going lean. All the fuel supply line as well as the return line coming out of the tank are "an" type steel braided lines all the way to the front. The two tank straps are made of stainless steel. What I like is that the tank fits in the stock location and you can still benefit of the use of the car's trunk (remember, this is a street driven car...).

Claude. :smile:

Wow that is incredibly BAD@SS! I take it that was a custom made tank? Looks EXPENSIVE:D:eek:

yes Claude!what is the price of that tank it's very nice did it come with the fuel pump like that i want one!!!!!!!!!

I am not a big fan of the A1000 pumps because I had one on my EFI 502 57 Nomad a few years ago and when we went on the Power Tour I spent almost as much time sitting on the side of the road letting it cool off as I did driving it!! I am sure that mounting it in the tank would help with the heat but Areomotive wants you to buy a pump controller for $300 to keep the heat down but I instead swapped over to a Weldon pump for about $350 that had better flow numbers, a better warranty and never had a problem again. I have a friend with a 1000rwhp twin turbo 408 67 Nova that has the same Weldon I had and it has 3 Long Haul Power Tour trips and over 35K street miles:eek: with zero fuel pump problem. He also started out with a A1000 and suffered the samer over heating issues that I did. If you do go Areomotive you will likely want the Eliminator pump because the A1000's flow number drop off as the pressure increases and the A1000 at 70 psi flows way less than a double pumper set up. I would recommend searching on the internet before buying a Areomotive pump because there are lots of horror stories about them. They are probably fine for a lower pressure application or a race car, or a car that sees limited street miles but in my opinion they are not well suited for a car that sees a lot of street miles. Our Nomad was fine on short trips around town or to the local cruise in but if you got caught in traffic for ver long on a hot day you would end up pushing it over to the side of the road and waiting 15-20 minutes for it to cool before it would run again. I called Aeromtive and they blamed it on my installation but after I sent them the specs and pics of how it was mounted they changed thier tune and tried to sell me thier pump controller. The Weldon EFI pumps are in the same price range and are better than the Areomotive pumps in every way.

WOW!!! Claude's tank is Sexy as Hell.... that thing looks great... Ricks is very well know for their QUALITY.... oh and co$$$$t:tongue:.... that looks to be the BEST of the BEST...

Regarding E-85, this is what I got from Aeromotive:

Though the fuel cell is not anodized, E-85 has proven to be reasonably less corrosive then straight alcohol fuel. The pump handles E-85 no problem, you would want to keep an eye on the fuel cell over time. Hope this helps, good luck and thanks for choosing Aeromotive!

On a side note to the 2nd previous poster, having the pump submerged in the tank makes a drastic difference in cooling. Its like comparing an air cooled engine to a water cooled one. IMHO

I am not a big fan of the A1000 pumps because I had one on my EFI 502 57 Nomad a few years ago and when we went on the Power Tour I spent almost as much time sitting on the side of the road letting it cool off as I did driving it!! I am sure that mounting it in the tank would help with the heat but Areomotive wants you to buy a pump controller for $300 to keep the heat down but I instead swapped over to a Weldon pump for about $350 that had better flow numbers, a better warranty and never had a problem again. I have a friend with a 1000rwhp twin turbo 408 67 Nova that has the same Weldon I had and it has 3 Long Haul Power Tour trips and over 35K street miles:eek: with zero fuel pump problem. He also started out with a A1000 and suffered the samer over heating issues that I did. If you do go Areomotive you will likely want the Eliminator pump because the A1000's flow number drop off as the pressure increases and the A1000 at 70 psi flows way less than a double pumper set up. I would recommend searching on the internet before buying a Areomotive pump because there are lots of horror stories about them. They are probably fine for a lower pressure application or a race car, or a car that sees limited street miles but in my opinion they are not well suited for a car that sees a lot of street miles. Our Nomad was fine on short trips around town or to the local cruise in but if you got caught in traffic for ver long on a hot day you would end up pushing it over to the side of the road and waiting 15-20 minutes for it to cool before it would run again. I called Aeromtive and they blamed it on my installation but after I sent them the specs and pics of how it was mounted they changed thier tune and tried to sell me thier pump controller. The Weldon EFI pumps are in the same price range and are better than the Areomotive pumps in every way.

I've heard from other people about this exact dilema, but this was years ago. As far as I know, they have updated the design of the A1000 and it is much better than in years past. Plus the Weldon pump is twice the cost and they still "recommend" the pump controller for the 2015. I think I can get this entire fuel cell with pump and filter deal for the cost of a single Weldon pump. If it fails, then shame on me! I'm gonna give it a try. I know plenty of turbo Buicks running A1000's without issues. I should be getting this setup in a few weeks, but won't be able to test it on the car for a few months.

I've heard from other people about this exact dilema, but this was years ago. As far as I know, they have updated the design of the A1000 and it is much better than in years past. Plus the Weldon pump is twice the cost and they still "recommend" the pump controller for the 2015. I think I can get this entire fuel cell with pump and filter deal for the cost of a single Weldon pump. If it fails, then shame on me! I'm gonna give it a try. I know plenty of turbo Buicks running A1000's without issues. I should be getting this setup in a few weeks, but won't be able to test it on the car for a few months.

I used this weldon pump, its $350 and is rated up to 1100 hp and 95 psi.

WELDON RACING 1100-A FUEL PUMP SUPPORTS UP TO 1300HP : eBay Motors (item 290372151155 end time Jul-17-10 15:13:28 PDT)

It has been a while since I had an Aeromotive so they may have improved but checking the flow chart on the Aeromotive site it looks like the pump is only rated for 700ish pounds of fuel at 70 psi and for your guys running E85 and big injectors that's cutting it pretty close. That's only 116 pounds of fuel per injector before you factor in line restriction, filter restriction and g force and safety margain. I would look into one of nice aftermarket tanks and the Weldon pump. The Weldon pump is capable of being mounted above the fuel level and it can "lift" the fuel up to 12" which makes for easier mounting.

I did not know this Weldon pump existed. This must be a new replacement for the 2015A? Hmmm interesting. OK now I see your argument. Looks like I gotta look closer at my options:)