New AC Delco PF1218???

SWFla GN

I noticed that the new filter is a tad shorter than the one on my car. Also, the top of the filter with the holes is different. Is this one OK?

run a wix. much better quality.
I saw the new design ACfilter and with teh couterfit AC stuff floating around I went with wix

Thanks for the replies. My Oil Pressure is up too at idle. I am going to switch to a K&N for now.

Don't even bother with AC Delco oil filters any more. There is so much more that are way better. Oil is the life line with these cars why take a chance? AC Delco has out sourced them and none of them are anywhere near decent quality. I like the Mobil One filters a lot. I also use K&N and or Wix. Pur One is even way better then an AC Delco. Why even bother with them anymore? :confused:

Pf 52

It has been the standard for a while. Do the other ones have the anti-drainback feature like the 52?
With the better filter media in the other filters, is there a problem with them lowering the oil pressure due to the tighter filtering?

I got news for you most of the AC Delco filters don't even have the anti drain back anymore! I stopped using AC Delco when I would start the car and it was making noise. Went to Mobil one filter and no more noise. The amount of filter media in any filter should never change oil pressure.

Doing the research

Read the other older thread about the foreign manufacture of the filters. I just checked a PF 52 that I had, and it was made in Mexico. I can't guarantee that it is a genuine filter. Looks like it is time to make a change.
Would like to guarantee (as much as I can) that my rebuild will last a good long time.

??? I just bought a AC DELCO Oil Filter forthe first time at autozone and it said I needed a PF47? Are you guys using biggie filters or something?

??? I just bought a AC DELCO Oil Filter forthe first time at autozone and it said I needed a PF47? Are you guys using biggie filters or something?

PF 47 is stock shorty. PF 52 is same diameter, just longer.

Biggie filter is an entirely different number

You guys are nuts taking a chance with AC Delco that's all I can say. Why would anyone even debate that issue when other filters blow them away! Cause they are blue and have AC Delco on them? I'm sure a vendor can mix up some blue paint and some AC Delco stickers if your that worried about having a AC Delco on your car. :rolleyes:

Mobil One numbers...

TTA stock replacement - M1-302

GN with "RJC biggie adapter - M1-203

GN stock longer filter - M1-201 replaces the PF52

I got news for you most of the AC Delco filters don't even have the anti drain back anymore! I stopped using AC Delco when I would start the car and it was making noise.

Just how long does it take a motor to pump oil into the filter? A whole second? If you have noise than there is something else going on. No mention on whether this is a stock motor or something with mods like forged or hypers or a roller cam. I never ran across a Delco that didn't have the drain back. All a moot point anyway. Until I experience first hand an oil filter shredding or blowing apart on me than the cheapest filter is going on. And that is a fleet package Delco. Not one from the discount store.