New A2A IC and boost control w/ BstC Boost Command

Ivanko

Hello,

I own a GMC Syclone, not a GN, but I would hope someone here could help me as there isn't much knowledge in the Sy/Ty forum about the BstC Boost Command.

Here's a little background to understand my combination better.

GMC Syclone
BstC Boost Command using Map Signal instead of TPS for the primary trigger. (The Syclone doesn't use a MAF)
PT&E TE-44 and 3" Downpipe w/ internal wastegate
RaceProveMotors A2A kit
Ultimate chip
Stock 28 lb injectors
Aquamist Water Injection
HHP Racing 700R4
12.195@110 mph (This was done with the stock air to water IC)

Anyway, I was able to get decent boost control w/ the BstC with the stock air to water ic, but I recently converted over to a A2A sytem and I can't seem to get anything less than 19-20 psi with the primary control knob turned all the way down! This A2A setup flows big time air!

I have the #1 and #2 back switches in the off position and the #3 and #4 switches in the on position. Red light on front of BstC activates at 4 lbs of boost. Wastegate rod is set to 15 psi. Turbo compressor hose is connected to metal nipple on AC Delco Solenoid and wastegate actuator hose is connected to the plastic nipple above the bleeder nipple on the opposite side of the solenoid.

Any ideas on why my BstC isn't getting the job done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam Auerbach
Sy #2419

I can't seem to get anything less than 19-20 psi with the primary control knob turned all the way down!

Why would you want to run any less than that? :p

Also, I'm not a SY or TY expert, but aren't you pushing those stock injectors?

James

Originally posted by bishir
Why would you want to run any less than that? :p

Also, I'm not a SY or TY expert, but aren't you pushing those stock injectors?

James

I can run as much as 17-18 psi on the CA 91 octane pump gas without knock. The aquamist pump doesn't handle alcohol well, so I run only water.

The stock injectors are being pushed, but I can get away with it because I run very high octane gas at the track and the water injection keeps the cylinder temps down to a reasonable level.

There is a 50# chip, but it's overkill for TE-44. I have heard of people running 33# injectors using the same chip calibration w/o any drivability issues.

As soon as hit my 11 second pass, I'm happy since my truck is mostly street, autocross and occasional strip. The motor is bone stock and don't want to push it any more than around 400 hp or so.

Try and see how well it works with the arm set to open at 12 psi., assuming you can do so on that vehicle. :)