New 87 GN owner from CT

TBlaze

Hi everyone. It has been a long time coming. GN's have always been on my list, and thought about selling my 85 TA about 2 or 3 times for a GN. The 85 Trans AM was purchased back in 88, kept it up for 19 years. Installed Recaro SRD seats , factory GM cloth, ZZ3 motor and some 1 LE parts from a racer I had known. I sold it to a good friend who is taking fantastic care of it so I could redo the roof on my back then newer home. In 08 I had purchased a C5 vette, auto. Yeah, I know auto.. but it was quick compared to a stick. Did some work to it, new LS6 intake, TI exhaust, tune and some more basic stuff. Well, been saving funds since then and the really nice GN should be home today. The GN's always has been on my list of bad ass cars to respect and has certainly been on my list of cars to own. Glad to be a part of the forum and the new owner of a nice GN. Thanks guys..

Good luck with the new car. This the place to find the answer to any question you might have about your car. Did you buy it local ?

what town are you from? all of us in this thread except longball are all from CT

Welcome! Where in CT? James, didn't see you at the swap meet today.
i didnt go mark :) i stayed home and sawzalled up about 7 frames today i think there is 10 or 11 in total going to north haven this week along with some other blocks and scrap

trying to clean up the shop its a never ending battle

Hey guys.. I'm from Southington, just off Queen. Actually took delivery of the car this morning. Its funny, I am in the middle or redoing our kitchen, and couldn't help but stop for breaks just to look at the car. Wife seems to think the kitchen will never be finished now.. :)

Swap meet, LC. Wow, totally forgot about that one. O'well, fall one I guess unless there is another one coming.

Talk to you guys soon.

meriden here !!! we often meet up on the pike on saturday nights. take a look over in the new england section and you will see turbobitts car he is from your area.

hopefully see you on the pike !!! if you need any parts i have plenty ask anyone of these guys most have been to my shop

Hey guys.. I'm from Southington, just off Queen. Actually took delivery of the car this morning. Its funny, I am in the middle or redoing our kitchen, and couldn't help but stop for breaks just to look at the car. Wife seems to think the kitchen will never be finished now.. :)

Swap meet, LC. Wow, totally forgot about that one. O'well, fall one I guess unless there is another one coming.

Talk to you guys soon.

You must be a stones-throw from where I live. Bison originally from this area as well. I live up the big hill.

Allan G.

First Panera Bread cruise is taking place on May 19th in Newington on the Berlin Turnpike. Starts around 5PM, usually hit this first and then head up the street to the Burger King cruise.

Below is info.

May - October 2012, Saturday night cruise, Newington, CT, 5-8 PM,
1st & 3rd Saturday of the Month
Panera Bread, 3120 Berlin Tpke, Newington, CT, 203-467-4482
1st and 3rd Saturday of every month, No Rain Dates
Sponsored by Charter Oak Firebirds
Trophies - 50/50 - DJ
Flyer: Click Here

www.charteroakbirds.com
www.ctgtoclub.org

Humm.. sounds like I may need to take a ride up on the 19th, never been there yet and certainly would like to meet some Regal pilots.

James, have your info, I noticed the GTA style wheels, actually I think I bought some stuff from you years ago. Low mileage TA with a motor issue, I think, am I correct? I will certainly have your info ready should I need anything.

Bison, I've been texting you right? I'm pretty certain I have the right user, just want to make sure. Brian is pretty much the reason I liked the GN's back when PCA was still around.

Time to find some more GN books.. I'll be back tomorrow.

Hi Mark. Just wanted to let you know the flyer link you have listed is not working for some reason.

TBlaze said:
Humm.. sounds like I may need to take a ride up on the 19th, never been there yet and certainly would like to meet some Regal pilots.

James, have your info, I noticed the GTA style wheels, actually I think I bought some stuff from you years ago. Low mileage TA with a motor issue, I think, am I correct? I will certainly have your info ready should I need anything.

Bison, I've been texting you right? I'm pretty certain I have the right user, just want to make sure. Brian is pretty much the reason I liked the GN's back when PCA was still around.

Time to find some more GN books.. I'll be back tomorrow.

Yes you're correct. Street night has started at LVD. You should check everything over on your car and get a number out of it as is then start doing some bolt on stuff.

Hi everyone. It has been a long time coming. GN's have always been on my list, and thought about selling my 85 TA about 2 or 3 times for a GN. The 85 Trans AM was purchased back in 88, kept it up for 19 years. Installed Recaro SRD seats , factory GM cloth, ZZ3 motor and some 1 LE parts from a racer I had known. I sold it to a good friend who is taking fantastic care of it so I could redo the roof on my back then newer home. In 08 I had purchased a C5 vette, auto. Yeah, I know auto.. but it was quick compared to a stick. Did some work to it, new LS6 intake, TI exhaust, tune and some more basic stuff. Well, been saving funds since then and the really nice GN should be home today. The GN's always has been on my list of bad ass cars to respect and has certainly been on my list of cars to own. Glad to be a part of the forum and the new owner of a nice GN. Thanks guys..

Welcome, and your avatar doesn't do that car justice!
I know the car and previous owner and it was very well cared for and only made better the short time he owned it! Hope to see you and the car around some time.

Dave