New 86-T-type from NJ

buddy

Hi Everybody, I want to introduce myself. I bought an 86 T-type from somebody on here in South Jersey about 6 months ago. It has 72,000 miles and is completely stock except for a stainess catback. It runs pretty good but the floors rotted out from the T-tops leaking. It also needs doors and a new paintjob.
I already replaced the floor pans and fuel tank.I also installed a walbro fuel pump with hot wire kit. Installed new plugs, wires, O2 sensor, 160 T-stat and stainless housing. I have a set of bumper fillers on their way. I am almost done shaving the bumpers and sandblasting the factory T-type wheels. I installed a spare powermaster that came with the sale but I decided I am going to convert to hydroboost when I accumulate the parts. I also am prepping for the F-body radiator swap with dual intrepid fans because my rads shot. . I have the radiator ready to pull. Waiting for parts on that also. Looking forward to getting this baby on the road. I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Welcome aboard, just remember when it comes to these cars, the only dumb question you can have,is the one you didn't ask. Scanmaster an read read read read.Happy boosting.

86 buick w11/cc1

Thank you. I haven't bought a scan master yet but I set up winaldl on my laptop and have been checking vitals with that for now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This is one of the sandblasted wheels. The before and after is unbelievable. I just have to polish the lips like the originals were.

Attachments

• buick 005.JPG
    buick 005.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
That's the new floor pan. I bought it off craigslist from a guy that was going to use it in his el camino for $300. It was a lot of work but fit like a glove. I still have to give it another coat.

Heres the front bumper in the process of being shaved. I welded all the million holes and welded in studs for the aluminum bumper brace. I just have to do some light bodywork on it and get it painted with the rest of the car.

I love the white ones. Nice car, good luck.

Thanks guys. The RPO stickers show that my car came with the blackout headlight bezels, taillight bezels and blackout grille which is my favorite look. The grille on there now is chrome and pretty much mint so I am either going to paint it or see if someone on here wants to trade my chrome for a black. This car also has the ZR6 RPO which I did some research but cant really find out what it is besides some people saying it may have been some sort of show vehicle. Let me know if anybody has any info on this.

Great work, looks real nice.

The ZR6 is purported to be a code for a zone/show car from what I have read.

All 86 T-Types had the trim blacked out. The grill would have a thicker rib with several thinner ribs in it. It would have a T-Type emblem in the lower driver corner. The chrome across the top. I can't tell what yours is. The 84 has ribs all the same thickness with chrome across the top.

Keep at it. I'm sure it will make a great cruiser.

thats the correct grille other than having it painted black where it needs to be. i have 2 86 t types. i have plenty of prts up here in CT if you need anything

Thanks guys, TTAowner. Ill pm you when I get a list together. Will you ship items to northern NJ?

Thanks guys, TTAowner. Ill pm you when I get a list together. Will you ship items to northern NJ?

At last, another northern nj guy!