New 2004R Electric Transbrake

Im told these are available. Ordered one thru Otto's Performance and have been waiting 6 weeks for one to be shipped out. Are they available or not? If not Ill order one from someone else.

Any news here? Considering ordering one, but haven't seen much activity on here...

The one i have on order will be here Mon.(Don't make me post the tracking number ;))I will be installing it and hopefully having the car running mid next week to test it.

The one i have on order will be here Mon.(Don't make me post the tracking number ;))I will be installing it and hopefully having the car running mid next week to test it.

Sweet. I am jealous, and may be ordering one soon. Make sure to post up how it works out! :cool:

this is a post i made when i got mine. if i remember right i was the first one to have one going

Lonnie's New 2004R Pressure Release Transbrake
Just wanted to let everyone know as well as lonnie that he did a awsome job with this new trans brake setup.

I was able to install lonnies new trans and trans brake setup in my car last weekend. Everything went smooth with the install of the trans and wiring of the trans brake.

I also got to do some street testing with it and i can tell you one thing for sure, lonnie has it figured out . This trans brake has instant setup, as soon as i press the button the trans is locked. Also it has instant release. At first i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to get to the shifter in time to shift it out of first, but after playing with it a few times i got it down. now this is on the street so at the track we will see if i can get to the shifter in time.

When i say instant release and setup its as close to instant that i can tell. There is no lag at all. As soon as i press the button its locked and as soon as i let go of the button the tires are spinning to all hell .

Anyways if you are on the bench waiting to see what people say about it don't wait. IMOP there is nothing to wait for. Call Lonnie and order it. This is by far the best setup i have had. If you want any more info fell free to call me or pm me and i will answer your question. till next time here is a link to the brake 2004R Pressure Release Transbrake and a link to his site
Extreme Automatics Where winning is easy

THANKS LONNIE,

BRENT

At first i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to get to the shifter in time to shift it out of first, but after playing with it a few times i got it down.

Thanks for posting it up. You manually shift yours, or are you just talking about the initial shift from 1 to D to let it do its thing? I guess a modified plate to allow you to slap it into D only is in order with this. My luck I would go to R or something... :biggrin:

i have a column shift car. so i have to relase the button which is right next to the shift and try to get it in D before the 1/2 shift so it can manually shift. this brake releases super quick so you dont have much time to get to the shifter before you need to shift. also for a floor shift its a good idea to switch out the detent so you can just slam it forward. its a easy mod. also depending where you put the button your going to have to move fast to slam it forward

Planning on the button being ON the shifter stalk itself so my palm would be resting on the handle. Release the button, slam forward, enjoy the ride. ;)

Any news here? Considering ordering one, but haven't seen much activity on here...
I hesitated to post up because I didn't want my post seen as being negative. But here is my evaluation.....First of all this TransBrake cost $400. Then the installation cost me another $800 since I don't do trans work. Per my trans guy, what was initially shipped did not include everything needed for the installation. So he had to try to fabricate parts that were not sent. After the first installation the brake did not work. The cause was later discovered to be one of the fabricated pieces my trans guy made had failed. From what I gather, after several conversations with Lonnie, the remainder of the installation kit was then shipped and installed as designed and the Brake is now working. But I was charged for all this unnecessary labor. Who is to blame? Everybody...."Me" for being the first to get the brake and become the ginny pig for the installation. Lonnie for not shipping all the parts and advertising the brakes were in stock and ready to ship when they weren't. Also my trans guy for spending too much time trying to fabricate what he did not have. However in his defense he was trying to accomodate me and get it done, but the cost of installation was out of line.

TransBrake Operation.....Works as designed. The only issue I have found is that it is slow to release. This is good and bad. On a sportsman tree I release the button on the last yellow and am killing the tree. The delay is perfect for a sportsman tree. However, On a pro tree I think the brake will be too slow to release. I haven't raced on a pro tree with it yet so I don't know exactly what the result will be. Now I hear Lonnie is working on a new and improved version that will have an immediate release.

Overall the transbrake works well and as designed. I like the electric brake Much more than the manual stage right. I'm still getting used to pushing the shifter forward after releasing the button but that's just seat time. My only suggestion would be to wait for the improved, faster releasing version.

^ thanks for your post.

I would have to disagree 100% on slow release. mine as soon as i release the button its fully released. this brake is fast, super fast. i dont think you could get anything faster? it also sets up super fast as well. im not sure if there is a issue with the way your is installed but mine is super fast at releasing.

TransBrake Operation.....Works as designed. The only issue I have found is that it is slow to release. This is good and bad. On a sportsman tree I release the button on the last yellow and am killing the tree. The delay is perfect for a sportsman tree. However, On a pro tree I think the brake will be too slow to release. I haven't raced on a pro tree with it yet so I don't know exactly what the result will be. Now I hear Lonnie is working on a new and improved version that will have an immediate release.

Overall the transbrake works well and as designed. I like the electric brake Much more than the manual stage right. I'm still getting used to pushing the shifter forward after releasing the button but that's just seat time. My only suggestion would be to wait for the improved, faster releasing version.

Thats a great explanation. The brake is advertised as comparable to a sportsman 400 transbrake. Like you described.

I have not been able to keep the transbrake on the shelf. This has cost me more than one boot in my rear over it. You were trans brake customer 37 not the first so I can assure you were no Guinea pig. I do appreciate your business and I am glad after all the hassle you are happy with the product.

We developed a pro version of the transbrake for a .400 tree car. The install of the pro version is extremely difficult and can not be done by the end user. We have tried every way to make it easy to install with no luck. Unfortunately the pro version will never be sold as a DIY kit.

I do have 9 complete transbrake kits I plan to take to BG or can ship immediately. I am going to consider installing the brake at BG.

I didn't mean guinea pig for your brake, I meant the first installed in my area by our popular trans guy to learn the installation process. But yes I'm very happy with the compatability with the sportsman tree. The first two local bracket races I was in with the new brake my Reaction times were between
.015 and .086 releasing on the last yellow. :cool:

Which version is in my new Stage III billet tranny? I got the tranny in but still need to get the driveshaft in, linkage & speedo connected today.
Thanks for the super fast shipping of the shift bracket and speedo bullet!!

Bryan

Which version is in my new Stage III billet tranny? I got the tranny in but still need to get the driveshaft in, linkage & speedo connected today.
Thanks for the super fast shipping of the shift bracket and speedo bullet!!

Bryan

The Regular pressure release brake. The pro version has never been installed and tested. We are working on a prototype for testing at BG. If all works as planned I can install them on transmissions I build in the spring of 2011. The pro version will never be a kit. Its too difficult to install.
After talking to a couple guys running a pro tree they are telling me they get reactions in the mid to upper .400s On transmissions I build for them. I make internal mods to help the release. I will include the mods in the transbrake instructions over the next few weeks.