New 2004R Electric Transbrake

quickt

The Extreme Automatics 2004R transbrake. The new 2004R brake is the first pressure release transbrake ever built for 2004R. The same solenoid that we use on the Griner Pro Billet 400 valvebody we use on the 2004R. The concept is very simple. When not in use the transbrake has absolutely no affect on transmission operation. Shift the transmission in to low gear and apply 12 volts the solenoid closes and feeds line pressure to the direct clutch in effect putting the transmission in 1st and reverse. Brake setup is very fast. Release is lightning fast as pressure used to hold the direct clutch is now used to snap the valve open and start fluid release. Switching valves and pilot circuit setups release much slower as they rely on a circuit to fill with fluid threw and orifice. This takes valuable time away from setup and release of the transbrake. The EA Transbrake will work with Stock 2004R pan, any valvebody or spacer plate modification, dual feed or standard feed direct, lock-up harness, psi switches, or Non lock applications. The kit comes with all parts and instruction needed to install the transbrake. You will need to drill and tap a hole in the valvebody. This operation will require moderate mechanical skills. If you aren’t comfortable drilling the hole send me the VB and I will do it for you. The new brake is available for immediate delivery. Transbrake Kit $395.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

• 200 Transbrake 004.jpg
    200 Transbrake 004.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,722
  • 200 Transbrake 010.jpg
    200 Transbrake 010.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,901
  • 200 Transbrake 013.jpg
    200 Transbrake 013.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,624
  • 200 Transbrake 007.jpg
    200 Transbrake 007.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,657
Lonnie,
After releasing the transbrake would you then have to manually shift the transmission? I was thinking of using it on Ralph's car (with the stage 3 trans.) and it is a column shift.
Thanks,
Jeff

Lonnie,
After releasing the transbrake would you then have to manually shift the transmission? I was thinking of using it on Ralph's car (with the stage 3 trans.) and it is a column shift.
Thanks,
Jeff

After release you would need to push shift lever in drive. It would then make the shifts 1-2 2-3 automatically. The brake does not work in any other gear but manual low. You can modify the column detent to stop at drive when bumped.

We looked hard at making it work from the drive position. Its hard on the low roller clutch in the transmission its also a plumbing nightmare. The more I think about it. Probably no harder than a stage right would be on the low roller and we have seen good success from them for years. If you want it I can build it to work from drive. Unfortunately you would need to send me the VB as the plumbing is way to difficult. Other items to note before making a decision. Although I know T-Brake from drive will work I have never tested other than on fluid flow bench and dyno. You will need to push transbrake button in the reverse or neutral gear position to back the car up. You will also need a deep pan but you already have one. There will also be no safety from engagement. In any gear at any speed you hit brake button a train wreck will follow. Would love to test it if you are game.

lonnie, i would have tested it ;) o well. we will let someone else try it out. mine is a column shift car as well

I am in the same boat, your Stage 2 trans with an Art Carr deep pan and column shift. Let us know what you think is the best option... thanks!
Sean

I am in the same boat, your Stage 2 trans with an Art Carr deep pan and column shift. Let us know what you think is the best option... thanks!
Sean

The best and safest way is to modify the detent plate to stop at drive just like a console car. This can be done. I can do the brake to work from drive. The problem it will be live at all times. (will work from any gear and speed) You hit the button at 60mph and a train wreck will follow. The transmission must also be dual fed to work from drive.

Are these available now or is there still a wait till they are finished?

The best and safest way is to modify the detent plate to stop at drive just like a console car. This can be done. I can do the brake to work from drive. The problem it will be live at all times. (will work from any gear and speed) You hit the button at 60mph and a train wreck will follow. The transmission must also be dual fed to work from drive.

hmm... seems like someone can just disconnect a wire when not at the drag strip to prevent this ;) first things first, I need to get at least 100miles in my s2 trans before I go an modify it.

hmm... seems like someone can just disconnect a wire when not at the drag strip to prevent this ;) first things first, I need to get at least 100miles in my s2 trans before I go an modify it.

Switch to disable the switch...LOL

Problem is... one of us would forget to arm/disarm a transbrake. With a wire, it is "definitely" functional when you want it and disfunctional when you don't.

Ordered Your Tran Brake

Lonnie,

Jimmy from "Jimmy's Trans" in Illinois ordered one of your new trans brakes for my car last week via his partner "HP Performance Corvettes." I understand it was supposed to be shipped last Monday. We have not received it yet and we have not been able to contact anyone at Extreme Automatics.
The trans is out of my car due to a rebuild and waiting for the trans brake. I need the car back together by Thursday at the latest. Please let me or Jimmy know the shipping status and/or tracking number. Thanks for your help.

Joe, jrg3517@comcast.net

Jimmy's Trans, 847-949-7507

Im told these are available. Ordered one thru Otto's Performance and have been waiting 6 weeks for one to be shipped out. Are they available or not? If not Ill order one from someone else.

The best and safest way is to modify the detent plate to stop at drive just like a console car. This can be done.

Dont weld the stock plate to mod it as it wont last. Get some pipe & cut a new one. Mine works great altho I have yet to try it at the track. I can hit it hard & it stops at D from about 25-30 test Slams Hard! The stocker lasted 3 Hard shots testing.
I can already build well over 10lbs with footbrake & DR's wont take anymore unless it was a really well prepped track so maybe one day I'll use it at the track?