Needs some help in Western NC

GN_Man_NC

I am having issues with the brakes on my car, I thought I had the problem fixed. After driving about 10 or 15 mins brake light goes off and on and I have a good pedal one minute and a hard pedal the next. Looking for someone to help me figure out what is going on, really dont have a ton of free time and need it fixed a.s.a.p. seeing as I am selling the car, I am willing to pay someone to help me, I don't have a big budget, but I will pay something and drinks and snacks are on me. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

Sounds like your powermaster is going bad... Do some searches for it here and you will see several ways to check it!

Well after going through the trouble tree a time or two, finally I found what I believe is the issue. At first I thought it was the accumlator, but it looked like it had been replaced/not a factory GM piece. Looks like the German repo you can buy on ebay. Anyhow, I noticed the brake light coming on for 4-5 seconds after depressurizing the system with ten pedal bumps with ign. off, turn on the ign. light would come on sometimes and sometimes it wouldn't. Then I happen to notice sometimes the the power master motor would come on and run and other times it wouldn't, and it would stay on different intervals each ign. cycle. Then I got to looking and the actual connector part on the powermaster motor was loose(part mounted on top of the powermaster motor), not the connector itself but the female part the connector plugs into, so when I would cycle the switch and the powermaster motor wouldn't run it, I would tap on the tap on top of the powermaster motor and it would work, so Im guessing its something internal with the powermaster.

The actual name of the part is the e-h pump, thats what gnttype has it labeled has, I am referring to the module on the top of the pump, that's where there seems to be the issue, if i tap on top of it, the motor will start running.