need your guys opinion...6765 billet turbo

stk6bngr

im lookin to get a 6765 billet turbo.

i have a ptc 9.5 n/l stalled at 2800 with dusty's recommendation. 60lb. injectors with alky.

all supporting mods ported stock heads but with stock cam. will this setup be good for the street with like spool up and all?

I dont see why it wouldnt spool up well. If it doesnt justrestall the converter

I dont see why it wouldnt spool up well. If it doesnt just restall the converter. sorry doubble post

You are leaving a lot on the table with the stock cam imo.

im not sure which cam i should use... its still going to be mainly a street car so ill need to be able to pass smog in nevada. i was thinking of using like a 212/212 with 110 lope seperation??

im not sure which cam i should use... its still going to be mainly a street car so ill need to be able to pass smog in nevada. i was thinking of using like a 212/212 with 110 lope seperation??

Id go with 212 and 112-114 lobe seperation. If you go 110 id advance it 2 degrees. Shift point will be around 5700.

The stock cam will help this turbo spool but will sacrifice a ton of top end.

It's like asking, should I run a PT72 with my stock cam and ported stock heads?

Personally, I'd pass on this turbo and go 62/65 and use the left over $$ on a cam.

If you go with a cam, I recommend a ROLLER 206/206. I run it in mine and is perfect for what I want, street use and 10 second quarters. It doesn't matter what turbo you buy. With a stock cam only so much air can get into the chambers. I would get a good port and polish on the heads, a good cam and then go from there. Your 60 injectors are more than enough for what you are looking for. What down pipe are you running?

The stock cam will help this turbo spool but will sacrifice a ton of top end.

It's like asking, should I run a PT72 with my stock cam and ported stock heads?

Personally, I'd pass on this turbo and go 62/65 and use the left over $$ on a cam.

i would go with 62/65 but i had dusty build my converter for a 6765....

and i also want to thank everyone for thier opinions

i would go with 62/65 but i had dusty build my converter for a 6765....

and i also want to thank everyone for thier opinions

It will come on faster with the smaller turbo. There's no issues going down on turbo size, the problems are usually caused from going up in turbo size.

If it's a zero boost converter at 2800 that might not cut it on the 67/65 with a stock compression 231. The new turbos don't spool as fast as the cast turbos with the exact same compressor size. So 67/65 won't spool as fast as the old 67/76, there are dynos out there to prove that. It WILL spool a TON faster than the old cast turbo it makes equivalent power to, in this case around the PT72.

The 67/65 is an easy mid 9 turbo, are you looking to go there?

Right now I've got a ta49 and it spools fast but when I'm cruising and mash on it... It just raises rpm and it won't even downshift.... I guess I'd like something temp till I get my motor fully built.... I'd like a high 9 sec street car but I'm probably askin for to much