Need Tranny help in VA

T

Twistin6

Hey guys first let me say what a great site you have here. I have been frequenting it for quite some time only to join recently.

Ok now down to buisness. I am looking for a reputable GN tranny guy in my area someone who actually knows what he is doing with them and would like a referal from someone who has first hand experience with a given tranny mechanic.

I'm located in southwest VA. In between say Roanoke, VA and Bristol TN on the I-81 corridor. So if you have info on a reputable
mechanic please pass the info. I deally within say a 3 hour drive of my home in any direction. Thanks in advance for your help.

WELCOME ABOARD FELLOW VIRGINIAN

im kinda far away from you over here in newport news but ive got a personal friend awsome tranny builder, and one that happens to like 200 4r's problem is he is under contract not to build tranny's outside of work so all tranny jobs for him must go thru the shop, he has built several trannys for gn's

so far i havent had to have one done but he did the one in my buddy's 87 GN and he gives it much punishment and visits the track often and car runs in the high 11's im sure if you were really interested in it you could catch a ride in my buddys car and see what you thought..

the guys name is Lyle and is at MR transmission if you'd like to call him (757) 930-0244
his toy is a ford but a fast one
turbo'd 4cyl pinto thats made 1123 ft/lbs on chassis dyno..:eek:

we've got a virginian's thread in the southeastern section if ya wanna sign in and see who else might be around you..

later.....RED