Need to rebuild!

86with455

Hello,

I need to rebuild the transmission in my 86 Monte Carlo SS.
It has 138,000 miles on it, and appears to be original, and never
been open before(czf) code.

It shifts soft but does not slip, and I would like to get it
to shift nice a firm like it is supposed to. I also would like
to upgrade to stronger parrts in the critical areas because I
have a better 350 c.i. engine I am going to put in it.

Here is a brief overview of the pressure check I performed.
Engine at 1200 rpm.

P.S.I.
GEAR IN OUT
P 60 140
R 110 250
OD 100 125
D 100 125
2 100 125
1 100 125

Thanks for helping out. :cool:

Here's were you need to go to know what you need and a quote of what I personally used.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31365

Originally posted by HOTTOGO
Bark, Bark, Bark!... Is all I can say! I never knew a 2004r could sound and feel soooooo good, after 4yrs of having an OG in my Monte SS (not knowing any better that there were differances and that was what was in it when I got it) The “Strengthened” CZF I just rebuilt rocks! Didn't know tires could chip going into 4th! Bruce and Greg MUCH! thanx to both of you for it. So glad I found this forum before I rebuilt what I had in there. I followed the “Strengthening the 2004R” Bruce wrote, what a work of art that is too, and for someone to share that much of his time and knowledge is unreal! And it works too! Where else you gonna find that much info on “how to rebuild a performance 2004r”? No where! I know looks aren't everything but check it out.

What I have is an ’87 CZF with a 690 pump body, seal lock-tited and retainer, opened up drain back holes, teflon coated bushing lock-tited, hardened stator, 10 vane pump w/chrome moly rings, dual slide springs, TCI pr spring, .500 tv boost valve, .300 int boost valve, blind spline input-shaft, Alto Red Eagle clutches through out except Raybestos Blue in direct set to .038 teflon coated bushing and one piece seals, 4th clutch w/3 clutch disk set up, all new brg.s thrust washers and bushings, hardened sun gear shell, all 3 end play clearances set at .025, Alto Red Eagle wide band and 300M anchor pin, Billet servo with adjustable pin, pinned gov spring, TCI shift kit, Art Carr deep pan w/filter stand-offs milled and 700r4 filter, B&M Hole Shoot 2000 T/C, Brute Force u-joints, temp/press gauges and Energy Suspension Poly mount. The only things I didn’t do are the roller brg in the L/R center support & roller brg in the park gear support and the one I’m probably gonna regret is that I didn’t go with the fwd billet drum shaft, I know this will void my “own warranty”, but if it breaks hopefully no harm will be done and then I’ll anti-up and spend the money then. Thanx again for the help and only 3 more to rebuild and get rid of.

Thats cool HOTTOGO!!!!

Where do I get all those parts at, could you tell me
your source? I have rebuilt automatics before, but I
want better parts than what rebuild kits supply.

Will someone outhere please sell me the stuff I need,
I know your out there.;)

Supernova455