need some info on machining the caps for a girdle

I know I will need a line bore & line hone, but can't do it until I have the caps cut to the correct height for the girdle to have the correct clearance. I'm not done cutting the caps. I guess I will line up the spacers for the rear cap & weld them in place before cutting the rear cap for the girdle shim clearance.
The main studs are still bellow the girdle on the rear cap. I think I will be ok after clearancing everything but will make sure I check. I will do the clearancing for the front cover as soon as I get one. No hurry on the motor, just making sure I am doing it correct.

Any other advice for me on doing this guys?
Any where I can purchase some shims in the .015 to .020 range?

Anyone know where I can purchase the shims that peel apart for different thinknessess?
I really need them! lol.
Almost done with with the main cap install with girdle but really would like to use the other shims. Then I can line bore & hone. Trying to get the short block all finished.

Have you tried contacting Jason at RJCRacing?...maybe he will sell you the shims from his girdle kit....

Nevermind...I just saw the note on RJCRacing website that he wouldn't supply any parts for girdles that weren't purchased through them...

Well, just goin to use the shim that came with the girdle. We didn't have the machine to line bore & hone so I will get the block back next week from that. I will post up pics when i get it back & more as I continue on the short block build.
Thanks for the help guys! I will be asking for more info as I go!

Well, just got the block back from line bore... Will post up pics later. Ordering the crank & bearings today.

does any of the engine builders have any tips or suggestions for my short block build? May be a secret or 2 for helping with oiling or making it not leak..lol....want to make the short block best I can..have the time & machines to make it right but my first serious build. I know that these 3.8's are not like my sbc's so i am open & listening! Any ideas are welcomed!