Need some help please.

84T-typeMike

Yes I am Crazy
Hi guys,I got a call from a buddy who happened to get an 84 T-type into his shop for repair.It has NO spark.Having the same car we thought it would be easy to get it running.We swapped crank sensor,ECM,ignition module/coil pack.Checked the fuses under dash.NO spark still??Did notice that in the 5 minutes my coil pack/module was on his car the coil pack started to get warm and the key was off.Hmm......Any help would be nice.We have the tree chart for engine cranks but won't run,It looks a little tedious and was hoping someone could point out anything we are over looking! Thanks,I know we can get it figured with YOUR help.:eek: :D

No spark

I had a no start with my GN several years ago. I traced it to a broken wire in the wiring harness that goes to the coil. It was about 6" from the coil pack.
The car was running fine and when I pulled into the garage and turned the switch off, it wouldn't start.
I have no idea how it got broken.

Update

We decided to instead of fixing the car that don't run we were going to make the car that does run quit working.We put the ECM in my car,it runs,we put the ign.mod/coil pack on my car and it runs.We checked the cam sensor with the Cam sensor tool,Not only was it set to 25*ATDC but the light was on the tool.We figure it is working 'cause if you crank engine over the light blinks on the tool.We have OHM'd out the cam sensor and crank sensor plugs to the ign.mod.and they were 0 ohm."Thats good"!No broken wires.We OHM'd the crank signal wire to the ECM it has good continuity.Our best guestimate is it is 1 of 3 things.1)Bad crank sensor,"even though we changed it it is not known to be good." 2)Engine wiring harness is shorted or broken. 3)Keyed Ignition switch???If anyone has any input on #3 would be nice.Day 4 and running out of ideas fast!

I know you said it was "no spark", how do they know it's no spark?

Alot of things can make a turbo regal not start that are not spark related. Oil pressure switch (activates the fuel pump relay), fuel pump & relay...

If it is no spark, I'm betting bad wiring in the engine harness somewhere. If you're worried about the ignition switch, check the thick pink wires coming off the ign. harness under the dash. They are the ones that power all of the engine sensors eventually. If the switch isn't making contact that could be your problem too.

I don't know if you have or not, but you might get better response by reposting in the general Tech Lounge area.

I had a no start on my 86 GN. Actually it was a quit running and wouldn't restart. I did the same thing as you since I had a box full of spare parts. Well after spending 2 hours screwing around I finally pulled the cap off the cam sensor and it wasn't turning. The damn timing chain was busted. It went with out a wimper. I've busted chains and usually there is a backfire. Nothing this time.