Need some help figuring out what happened

Brocks GN

I have had alky for awhile, running ~23# of boost. Recently, the ground and pump became loose causing the alky to not function properly. I thought I fixed the problem so I set the boost to 20#. I took it out and everything seemed to be fine part throttle and 3/4 throttle. So decide to go WOT. When I went WOT the alky came on and I reached 20# but right before it was going to shift it sounded like my up pipe blew off or louder. Immediately pulled off and saw nothing out of the ordinary no smoke, coolant, or oil anywhere. I was watching the scanmaster while this happened and saw no knock retard? What would have caused this? :confused:

mine did the same thing. loud pop, no damage, hasnt done it since. i think it backfired through the intake.

Did you prime the pump first? I always do before I plan on going into boost just to make sure the pump is working and the alky is ready to squirt.

have no idea what caused it. i was pulling out and rolled into wot and pop. pulled over checked under the hood. no damage and ran fine. that was about a year ago and hasn't done it since.

yes always prime the pump. I just now felt under the pump, where the alky goes in and noticed a small amount of methanol leaking. I am gonna tighten that up but I dunno if that would do it?

Ok so I turned the boost down to 13# and went WOT. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. :confused: