Need Powermaster expert

GrandV6

I have very minimal/basic knowledge of the system & I have looked at self diagnosis chart

This is what happend..........(sorry if I'm a little to wordy)

My TR has very low miles and I felt the brake fluid needed to be changed. I believed it to be basically 26 year old brake fluid. Had my pretty knowledgable friend bleed & change the fluid (he is familiar with the PM). Prior to the fluid change the brakes performed perfectly...no noises....no lights.....excellent stopping ect. Mind you the car has less than 10k.
Everything went fairly well with the procedure although it seemed like he had trouble getting the front brakes to bleed because during the bleeding processes had me pump brakes several times while the car was on lift. But in the end seemed like it went ok. Again I never bled brakes before so my knowledge is limited.

On the 45 minute ride home (mostly highway) all felt perfect with no issues. When I got home I had to move a car in my driveway....got back into the Regal pressded the brake & the BRAKE LIGHT CAME ON (WTF!!!) Drove down the road & after a few seconds it went off. Then I put in the garage and while in park after lifting off the brake I hear what sound like Hisssing noise....kinda like someone letting air out of a tire then the noise slowly goes away. So now I'm like thats great!!!!

In the morning I take it down the road and it brakes & feels fine & there is no break light. But....I put in park and press the brake after lifting off the pedal I hear that slow Hissing/air sound (kinda hard to describe). When brake is applied noise stops.
Very strange & not sure how and why this happend just after changing fluid. Thanks for any input

Surely someone with more knowledge than me will post.

Fluid levels in each reservoir change, or how much fluid did you put in the powermaster side? Too full and you could be getting a mess under the hood. Have you looked at it?
Let us know.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No external leaks & fluid levels looks good. Altough pass side level looks a little on the high side when the car is OFF. Side Note....accumulator is new

Did you put this new accumulator on, I missed that in the original post.
Did you read the powermaster sticky at the top of the threads?
Did you clamp the proportioning valve down by the frame while bleeding?

Is the light still coming on? Do the brakes seem to work? I'm guessing you flushed all the old fluid out before beginning the bleed procedures.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Cardone accumulator was put on by previous owner (had car for about 8 months)
Ya I read the diagnostic thread...still can't figure out the problem.
Not sure if he clamp the porportioning valve down.
Yes....old fluid was flushed.
Since this issue began I really haven't driven...no light (other than that one time)
And brakes work fine...drove 45 mins home & they work perfect.

Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it, I guess.

Might have been the accumulator refilling with fluid or something along those lines. I'm certainly no expert. I rode mine until it failed the second time and swapped on a hydroboost. Couldn't risk it failing and me folding up the front of the car.

Any more noises?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

If you hear hissing, there could be air in the booster(powermaster) side, aka passenger side. You may have to bleed that side and it's a little tricky but actually quite easy, and since it sounds like your booster side is too full you may have to be careful.
First, remove the lid,
Now, with key off, slowly depress the brake pedal (may take at least 10 times to depressurize the system, hard brake pedal) while pressing the brake pedal do it kinda slowly because with the lid removed some could spurt out. Oh and make sure it doesn't overflow the reservoir.
Once the system is depressurized (hard pedal) take note if it looks like it's full of tiny air bubbles. If it has any air in the fluid, let it sit for several hours to disapate the air.
Once that's done, turn the key on and watch the fluid being drawn into the booster/accumulator, it may look quite low. Make sure it's a good half inch above the bottom of the reservoir.
turn key off, depressize again. wait for air to dissipate. turn key on.

Keep doing this until you see no more air in the fluid when depressurizing system.

Replace lid. Make sure it's on and clipped down at all four tabs.

Thanks for advice....if no bubbles what are other possibilities ? Going to try this tommorrow

If there is a new accumulator and it hasn't been "burped" there will be bubbles. I am thinking this is where your "hiss" came from. The air has to come out for the brake fluid to have a place to fit. Some can fit as air compresses, but the accumulator needs to be filled with fluid to work as intended.

The accumulator was replaced sometime ago before I owned the car. (Maybe a couple years ago) Also, like I mentioned earlier...before the fluid change the brakes system made NO Noise at all....no issues at all. The noise is mainly heard when I lift off the pedal & while the car is in park or driving slowly. Again performance of the brakes are fine. Hoping its not the booster motor failing on me ironically right after I changed the fluid.