Need opinoins on Car Alarms

:mad:
I checked into Lojack with my local police department.

City NEVER had it on their cars.

County is not installing on new cars & has only a few left in service on older cars.

State - where are they when you get off the interstate?

In my area, Lojack would be useless & if I was in the country - a total waste.

:mad:
I checked into Lojack with my local police department.

City NEVER had it on their cars.

County is not installing on new cars & has only a few left in service on older cars.

State - where are they when you get off the interstate?

In my area, Lojack would be useless & if I was in the country - a total waste.
Sorry, I forgot to suggest to call your local PD. Mine has it on several vehicles and they always have at least on on the road. All the counties around me use it as well.

Why did the locate feature not pinpoint my vehicle’s exact location?

The GPS satellites use a triangulation system, utilizing multiple satellites to get an exact position. If your vehicle is in an area (ex: underground or next to a steep hill) that partially blocks one or more of those satellites, the system will find it within a few hundred feet of its actual location.

A few hundred feet! That wont do you much good when your car is in the ghetto being stipped. A few hundred feet in the ghetto could mean a couple of blocks resulting in 50-100 houses that ur vehicle could be located in. I looked into this years ago and it seems technology has not gotten any better. I do like the no monthly fee tho. That is a plus!

I agree that it could be better than a few hundred feet but it would be more to go on that what I had. My car is gone and have no idea where it is.
As tbirdv6 said though, use it with an early warning system before they take it or before it gets to it's destination.