Need opinions from any RC truck guys

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I have been given permission (the wife) to get a remote control truck. She said NO to gas powered as it uspets the dogs.

Soooo......I am looking at electric trucks.

I have tentatively decided upon the E-Maxx. Friend of mine has one and it hauls ass and goes damn near anywhere.

Anyone have one of these and have good or bad comments?

Any other 4x4 battery-powered trucks I should be looking at?

TIA.

Bill

Are you just bashing around the backyard? If you plan to race, I like Team Associated. I have a T-Maxx, very cool for just playin'. Drives the dog frickin' nuts! E-Maxx's are cool too, just sucks to charge batteries, when you could just filler up!

I have a tmaxx myself and love it. No recharging battries, just refill the tank and run. the emaxx is a great truck but for the best performance you'll want to get really good battries and a peak charger.

i personally like the RC10T4 if i was to buy one, almost bought one to race offroad electric (i used to race ALOT of onroad electrics at countless events and traveled the east coast for onroad events) but that just me.

try http://www.raceway.com/home.html and tell them your interested in buying an electric truck, but dont know much about them, they will be straight with you and you will be happy you called.

you can't go wrong with a Clodbuster, they are fun to build up. If you have the funds get a tubular chassis just like the real monster trucks.

A T-maxx will run circles around a clodbuster. You're talking about 15 year old technology there. They are cool, but slow, unstable and kinda boring. You should see the air I got on this local construction site. I had my T maxx a good 13-14 feet in the air, at 40+ mph, went about 25 feet before it landed- on the wheels, didn't break! It was sweeeet. But on the next one I got waaay higher and landed on the wheels again, but it bottomed out so hard it broke the shock tower off. The great part is it only costs me about $10 on average to fix what I break, not like the GN:rolleyes: .

Anyone have the NEW T-Maxx??? The 2.0 I believe it's called??? I heard those are real badass.... I used to have a regular T-Maxx but I sold it to a friend and built a nice electric Rustler. T-Maxx's are nice to play around with and have fun but my electric Rustler blew it away at the track.

yeah, mines the new version. Its wider, and has a 2.1 (I think) motor. I put in a smaller spur gear so the top speed would be higher. It probably does 45+ mph. If I was going to race at the track, I would convert to 2 wheel drive. Get the weight down. I think a lot of the tracks are opening a T maxx only class, since they are so popular. Our local track did anyway.

Its insane what you can spend on these things. My new chrome wheels (bling bling!) and track tires were $60. I used to race semi professionally, but it was hard to compete with the sponsored drivers. Lots o' $$$. But I did OK. Got 3rd in the state champs race, at 13 or 14 years old. Should have stayed with it, less stressful than real cars. Maybe when I have a kid I can get him involved, I felt it was good for me as a kid to have something to focus on and keep me out of trouble.