Need new tires for the street

IronEagle119

I need some help here, been having a tought time deciding on a certain tire, and where to get it at. I've been thinking about getting Nitto or BFG drag radials, I will be mostly on the street, but would like to go to the track once or twice this year. I remember a board member I think his name was John, he used to run a GP on tires, anyone know how to get ahold of him?

Thanks,
Jason

Nittos wear VERY quick.. and i mean very, but they are good.

BFG is what I like the most, they last long, and are very sticky.
I have the all seasons on now, but I hear the summer ones are even better.

Originally posted by 77tech9
Nittos wear VERY quick.. and i mean very, but they are good.

BFG is what I like the most, they last long, and are very sticky.
I have the all seasons on now, but I hear the summer ones are even better.

I thought it was the other way around? Nitto last longer but are not as good as the BFG tracktion wise?

Nitto Drag radials have the best traction of almost any tires. Thus making them not last with the softer compound.

the BFGs are much softer and do not last as long as the nittos. The BFGs hook harder in most cases but the Nittos do just fine.

My bad, i misunderstood first post.

Yes the BFG DRAG RADIALS do not last long. Sorry.

I have used both and Nitto's 10,000 miles, BFG 3,000 miles. The BFG's were so soft that if you spun them the rubber would pill. It also seemed to tear up each pad on the tread. You would think the softer compound would stick better, but I think the pilling acted like little ball bearings and took some traction away. I didn't test them back to back, but I don't think there was a whole lot of difference in traction. For the street the Nitto's are best hands down. If you heat the Nitto's up real good they get sticky. Maybe somebody else has had a different experience, but that is how they worked for me.

MT and M&H also have drag radials now- probably better than the two already mentioned.

I'm not familiar with with the M&H drg radials. I've heard that the MT drag radials don't come out until April. The car will be out and I need tires asap. I'm still hoping to find the person that ran the GP on drag radials. I believe it was about 1 year ago or so when this was ran.