need input on my charcoal canister relocation

Fast4Ward

i didn't find the answer using the search so here it is.
i took out the bracket that was located there and the canister fits perfect and will clear a 3 inch pipe. i have zap strapped it for now but can use one of the bolts on the frame rail, however i would like to know if keeping it here is a bad idea due to some heat and it not being on a flat surface? its not touching anything....incase your wondering my bov will be plumbed into recirculation:}
Picture688.jpg

Picture681.jpg

Picture680.jpg

Just get rid of it. Or you can put it on the underside of the inner fenderwell in front of the left-front wheel.

I also mounted mine on the frame. I would remove mine but I've yet to find a decent way to redo the lines. I don't want to leave it open and a filter on the end seems ghetto.

But I wouldn't "relocate it to the trash" if you do decide to take it off....someday when GN's are being restored like muscle cars are now, restorers will pay big bucks for this stuff.

So are you all just using a fuel filter to plug off the vapor line? I've heard you can't just pinch it off unless you go to a vent gas cap. :confused:

Mine went to trash can, line was plugged in engine compartment, & gas cap vented via small drill bit--never looked back...:D

Please remove cap before drilling vent hole :eek:

So are you all just using a fuel filter to plug off the vapor line? I've heard you can't just pinch it off unless you go to a vent gas cap. :confused:

Piece of fuel hose pointed downward from the vapor line on the drivers side frame rail

Yep, I just loop the hose down into the frame rail... or drill the gas cap with a tiny pin hole.

Sorry to revive this thread, but those of you who've removed the charcoal canister and drilled a "tiny pin hole" in your gas cap, how big is "tiny pin hole"? A 1/16" hole isn't too big?