Charcoal canister relocation

Rahob

After going through several options, I was able to find a location to relocate the charcoal canister other then to the frame rail. Hopefully I can give someone else going through this decision another option, who is wanting to keep it functioning.

I saw many were locating it to the frame rail. Personally I didn't prefer this because it seemed to be a tight and cluttered fit. I looked into the ATR relocation kit route, but it was more expensive then I planned for, so I took a better look.

I found a metal tab that was sticking out from the driver quarter panel which already had a hole in it. I figured if I could drill one more hole I would be able to securely clamp it in an upright fashion (I've read about it being mounted horizontally, and I didn't think that's how it was manufactured to operate). Then I added in the hosing, splice and soldered the wires, and was finished. Now I just need to clean where the canister was and get ready for my new intake.

IMG_20190828_202043.jpg

Here's finished product, I added a wire loom for added protection, zip tied everything together and ran it neatly.
IMG_20190830_134813.jpg

IMG_20190830_134957.jpg

IMG_20190830_134921~2.jpg

Nicely done! Thank you for sharing this helpful information with us. Great stuff for future reference.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I relocated my charcoal canister right in the trash can . Haven’t had any fuel smell or any issues since I did my relocation like 5 years ago .

I relocated my charcoal canister right in the trash can . Haven’t had any fuel smell or any issues since I did my relocation like 5 years ago .
[emoji23] [emoji38]

Did you just plug the vacuum line running to the canister?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dank GN,
I read a lot of people threw theirs away. It just wasn't an option I wanted to do. And like I said, I just didn't like the cluttered look of it sitting on the frame rail and also the potential for whatever drains out of it sitting on the frame rail as well and possibly corroding it.
-Rob