Need help

Gn Guy

O2 SENSOR READINGS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE. LOOKS FINE THEN DIVES TO ALMOST ZERO. I HAVE REPLACED THE O2 SENSOR AND SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE CHECKED THE IAC AND CLEANED IT.I HAVE REPLACED THE MAF WITH A SPARE 87 UNIT. i HAVE A LT1 MAF I WAS USING WITH THE MAF TRANSLATOR BUT STARTED GETTING 33 AND 34 CODES.DOES IT MATTER WHAT O2 SENSOR YOU USE. THE LT1 MAF IS A 25008302. DOES IT HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT TO WORK? HOPE SOMEONE HAS SOME ANSWERS.
THANKS

What are your BLM's? Also make sure that there is no unmetered air entering the intake after the MAF sensor. Post up results. Brad

Hi Brad
The BLM'S go from 128 to about 131. I have changed my intake system to 3 inch from the K & N filter to the MAF. From the Maf to the throttle body is still stock with the little piece connected to the oil tube. Should this piece be upgraded to 3 inch?
Randy

Hi Brad
The BLM'S go from 128 to about 131. I have changed my intake system to 3 inch from the K & N filter to the MAF. From the Maf to the throttle body is still stock with the little piece connected to the oil tube. Should this piece be upgraded to 3 inch?
Randy

BLM look good. No the little piece does not have to be three inch. The MAF sensor part number is not the correct one. It should be 25180303. The key is not make sure there are no air leaks between the MAF sensor and the throttlebody. Leaks here can cause code 33/34 as well as the wrong sensor. Brad

It doesn't. This is only the correct GM part number that I know of. I have had a really bad experience from using the wrong MAF. I actually use a Delpi AF0055 now. Brad

Hi Brad
Does your unit Delpi or is it Delphi work ok with the Maf translator? The 25180303 are a bit expensive so I am interested in some alternatives.

I use the MAF translator with the Delphi unit and it runs really good. Shop around-it is a nice part. This includes taking it to the track as well. Brad

Hi Brad
Could you point me in the right direction to who has this Delphi MAF unit. I can't seem to locate it online.
Thanks