Need Help with TV Cable Adjustment

BladeOfAnduril

Hi all,

I have an 88 Monte SS that I just installed a 350 in. I think my TV cable adjustment is off. I have an Edelbrock 1406 carb, and I got the TVmadeEZ kit from Bowtie overdrives. Trans is a 200r4. It has the OEM TV cable. I followed the factory set procedure (seat housing all the way back, then press gas pedal to the floor). I also installed the spring that came with the TVmadeEZ kit.

I've only driven the car once, and it's shifting late and rather hard (I did install a shift kit, so not that concerned about hard, but late is a problem). I have to rev to 5k to get out of first gear. About the same with the others as well. I also found that if I reved it up, and then let off the gas slightly it was more inclined to shift. Based on the Bowtie Overdrives documentation, it sounds like "Long Spring Syndrome" but I'm not sure what adjustments to make to correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like the T.V. cable adjustment is too tight. Move the adjustment 1 click at a time towards the front of the car and see how it feels. It will probably take several tries to get it right.