Need help with super slow windows

Yates

How's everyone doing. Need a little help with my power windows. I changed both window motors in my 83 Regal but for some reason my windows still go up super slow. They don't even have enough juice to seal against my door moulding on top. any ideas what it could be or how I can fix. Thanks in advance :confused:

Brand new motors? what "brand"? Missing any rollers?
Connect battery right to a motor to eliminate the switch and harness.

Get the door panels off and lube the tracks really well with moly grease. While your in there you might put some sound dampening mat (dynomat) in there before you put the panels back on. Replace any damaged plastic clips too.

They are new Dorman window motors. The windows roll up smooth but slow. Is it possible that a wire for the power could be cut in the door causing a voltage leak thus not allowing enough voltage to the motor. Also thanks for the speedy and informative responses. Probably gonna try the circuit bypass trick to. How long did the whole process take you?

Since they are brand new motors? the mod should not be required.
I vote for the switch(s) or the contact terminals(harness) at the switch being resistive.

They are new Dorman window motors. The windows roll up smooth but slow. Is it possible that a wire for the power could be cut in the door causing a voltage leak thus not allowing enough voltage to the motor. Also thanks for the speedy and informative responses. Probably gonna try the circuit bypass trick to. How long did the whole process take you?

PM Gary, he came up with it. I saved it so that I could find it when I needed to do it. Still working on the car.:(

Do they go up quicker with the door open. If your window is tight to the weather stripping when closed it will slow them down.

Same either way and if door is closed they don't seal on weatherstripping on top because not enough power to push them up

Since they are brand new motors? the mod should not be required.
I vote for the switch(s) or the contact terminals(harness) at the switch being resistive.

i beg to differ....lube the reg and bypass the internal cb will help even new motors.

Gary is correct you ever felt some of the cars back in the day that had crank windows that were hard to turn and always breaking off crank knobs then you had the manual windows that were well taken care of that went up and down no problem