Need help with my recently installed alky

Brandon Thomas

After completing install I went for a drive, my car will not shift out of 2nd gear at WOT, I back off of the throttle for it to shift. If I turn the alky off it goes back to shifting as normal. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
After completing install I went for a drive, my car will not shift out of 2nd gear at WOT, I back off of the throttle for it to shift. If I turn the alky off it goes back to shifting as normal. Thanks for your help.

Is the TV cable hooked up to the throttle body?

it is a Alky Control. It was flooding the engine with alky and limiting the rpm hence not shifting. I added timing,decreased fuel and alky seems to be running pretty strong with 0.0 knock retard. Thanks for the replies and any tips you may have.

I am using a scan master. I had the alky tuned in pretty good with the street chip while awaiting my alky chip, now it is back to square 1. The alky chip was supposed to produce more boost however it didn't. I increased the boost via waste gate rod to around 21 # . The car seems to quit pulling around 4200 rpm and holds in 2nd gear too long before shifting. I have added and subtracted fuel and timing in the chip but it only seems to change knock retard and not the flat power curve. It is also lazier off the line than with the street chip before the alky. My O2 numbers range from 750 to 800 depending on the settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you asked Eric for help? His forum is good at sorting these things out.

I am using a scan master. I had the alky tuned in pretty good with the street chip while awaiting my alky chip, now it is back to square 1. The alky chip was supposed to produce more boost however it didn't. I increased the boost via waste gate rod to around 21 # . The car seems to quit pulling around 4200 rpm and holds in 2nd gear too long before shifting. I have added and subtracted fuel and timing in the chip but it only seems to change knock retard and not the flat power curve. It is also lazier off the line than with the street chip before the alky. My O2 numbers range from 750 to 800 depending on the settings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Boost typically is a mechanical function of how much pressure is on the gate. Yes the chip can manipulate the DC going to the solenoid.. but won't technically make the boost increase from 22 to 25 for example.
Car stops pulling typically is weak valve springs. The more boost the worse that condition gets. Shifts are rpm regulated so if the car takes longer to build rpm's.. then it will take longer to shift.
If the O2's are in the low 800's in 2nd gear you should be fine and chasing a mechanical issue.
Post back,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to get the tune close enough to take it to the track and yes I agree with the weak valve spring idea. I opened the exhaust and had to retune but noticed no benefit from increasing the boost over 20# so I feel sure the valve springs are the culprit. New problem just occurred today. My alky quit pumping. Any thoughts on going into trouble shooting?