Need help with MAP wire behind glovebox..

Dynalow00

Just a chip and exhaust..
I think I might have spliced the wrong wire behind the glovebox for the MAP connection to the PAC (Razors). Can someone send me a pic or a REALLY accurate description of where to find the correct wire? The one I used was green and ran across/ behind the glovebox from left to right. But my turn-on LED won't work unless I use the test button...

Its green and its in a harness that usually has foam wrapped around it.

Thanks Jay. So it's kinda off on the right hand side then? Now I'm wondering what I did splice into!! Doh!

Beats me.. you can access this harness by just dropping the dash cover down on the passenger side.

There is a plug behind the glovebox area. One side is black one side is clear. The green wire going through that connector is the map wire.

Try this out...Sorry about the image size. Green wire is in the C437 connector.

Attachments

• C437.jpg
    C437.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 152
Thanks to everyone!

I will rewire it tomorrow.. Thanks again for all the quick responses!! -Steve

Get a digital voltmeter and measure voltage on the wire Key ON. It will read 1.6 with a 3 bar MAP. Or 2.3 with a 2 bar MAP

That is if the map has 5volts and ground going to it.

Dont guess on wires.. use a meter and confirm it. Harbor Freight has a digital voltmeter for like 3.00.

Here's a pic of the MAP wire. Look for the connector wrapped in foam and there it is plain as day! Beats running another wire thru the firewall!

Attachments

• MAPWIRE.jpg
    MAPWIRE.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 130
Wow! You guys are great..

Thank you so much for all the help. I sorted it out today and its up and running correctly. -Steve

incase someone searches this thread
this pic got lost from the digital dash and 3bar map thread ,

Get a digital voltmeter and measure voltage on the wire Key ON. It will read 1.6 with a 3 bar MAP. Or 2.3 with a 2 bar MAP.

Razor, is this a universal number, or just TB specific? I'm trying to figure out the range of my MAP sensor, and got 2.25 key on, and 1.55 at idle.

Razor, is this a universal number, or just TB specific? I'm trying to figure out the range of my MAP sensor, and got 2.25 key on, and 1.55 at idle.

Thats a 2 bar MAP if you get 2.25