Need HELP with GM part, fuel pump for GTP

HRpartsNstuff

Got the wife's '98 GTP & it looks like the fuel filter was never changed on it & probably burned up the pump. Seems like it isn't getting enough fuel to keep it running, after putting a new filter on it. Spray instant start in there & it perks right up.

Repair place is saying it definitely needs a fuel pump ASSEMBLY, which is the sending unit etc now (can't change just the pump I guess). I don't have time to wrench on it myself, and diagnosis seems correct so far.

ANYONE got a good used one or new GM replacement?? They quoted me a VERY scary $$$ and looking for another option.

Also, car may be for sale reasonable if anyone interested. Had first 80-90k garage life, and has a few minor perf options etc, including a $1k fiberglass hood & cold air kit. Decent shape overall, approx 135k miles I think. It's FAST, too much for the wife, just right for me :) We need something bigger to haul parts & more grandkids!

Paul,

My cost is $227.19 for that fuel pump module. I'd be more than happy to pass that price along to you for all the help, products, and excellent service you've given me!!

Let me know,

Keith