need help with an aussie buick

aussiebuick

hey guys...needing some help.
looking at building a forged bottom end for my aussie buick, which is currently turbo'd making 217rwkw...dunno wha that works out to be in horsepower.
what im after is do any of the factory turbo US buicks share same spec sizes like cranks, mains caps, con rods, pistons with our aussie buick put in our commodore from 1989-95.
any help would be great
cheers

291 HP since you were curious. Can't help on your main question as I'm not familiar with the Commodores.

Might check with Dennis Kirban (check our vendors list for his website).
He seems to be a veritable Turbo Buick library.

given the year range, i'd guess that they used the version of the 3.8 (series 1 3800??) that came after the one that was used in the 80's.
if so, then i don't think anytihing interchanges.

From what ive read we use a rear wheel drive version of what you guys call a L27 if that helps too finding the answer too my question

Good'aye mate,

The L27 is a Series II 3800. None of the parts that work in the 86-87 turbo Buicks will work in that engine.

The later 3800's with cross-bolted main caps would be a great drop in replacement for an increase in strength. The stock crank and rods are very durable and can easily handle 500 HP without the need to upgrade.

Intense Racing is one source for 3800 performance parts

Please post up some pictures of your ride. We yanks like to see what the boys down under drive.

Dave

Well ive looked into puttin an ecotec which is basically a non charger form of the L67....but so much other crap follows like looms ecu changes exhaust manifold and inlet are all different even the sump which id have to modify for oil drain. Kinda done it all on the little underdog series II. Can get forged rods of it but not low comp forged pistons for it. Didnt really wanna run over 9:1 static. Any one in the states do a low comp forgie for a L27?!