Need help!! What do you use to import photos from your digi cam?

KevinB

I bought a brand new Kodak digital camera and can not get the software loaded in my computer. It has been 3 days and it is driving my nuts!!! Is there any alternative software/drivers that will import pics from the camera to my computer?

Thanks.

If you're running XP you shouldn't need any software. Just plug in your camera and you should see a removable device in "My Computer" You can cut and paste the files onto your hard drive for now. I have Nero Photoshow Express loaded for my photo album softare. I threw the stuff that came with my camera away.

Unfortunately, I have Wins 2000 :frown: When I plug the camera into the computer, it keeps says "new device found" and it searches for a driver, which I do not have.

Thanks

Might have to go into the Kodak website if your camera didn't come with the software.

1FASTV6 said:
Might have to go into the Kodak website if your camera didn't come with the software.
It came with the camera. I am just having a very hard time loading it. I keep getting error messages.

You know... a new computer for christmas will have Xp on it...

Take your card to a friends or work computer and save the files to a CD. If that doesn't work and you need a printer, I have seen a lot of the new printers have card docks on them... or just get a card dock for that matter... but then you may have the same problem and not be able to load the software for IT either.

Good Luck!

Vic

The software that came with the camera may be for an xp computer. You may have to go to their site to get software that is dos based (windows 2000)

Windows 2k should see it as a removable device in My Computer also, it does in mine. Try canceling the new hardware found and look in My Computer

HEY BLACK6PACK,
I have/had the same problem with my windows ME.
Kodak software does not work for me either, error messages, no great loss I dont like the program. Brother inlaw has it on win XP.

I got it to work on mine like this, plug in and turn on the camera.
Go to start, control panel, add new hardware, this gets a little fuzzy now? scroll down to imaging or cameras, then pick camera maybe the camera name shows up I can't remember.
It may take a restart, then replug the camera in and it should show as an E or F drive inside the my computer folder.

Let me know if this helps.
I will let you know if I get the Kodak Software to work.

Also I use the Software that came with my Printer (Cannon) to edit, crop, resize my photos.

I can plug my camera into both my xp computer and 2000 computer, start up the "windows explorer" and both computers read the camera as a new drive. I just copy and past the pictures to the folders I want them in. This is also a good way to move pictures back on to the flash card and take them to walgreens, cvs etc to have them developed.

I also have a usb plug for flash cards. I stick the plug into the computer and slide the flash card into the plug and don't have to mess with the camera. It comes in handy when you have multiple flash cards.

Cant speak for recent versions but Kodak has had a history of poor win2000 software. They DO have a method to install (perhaps a diff software ver? dont remember now) and other than the annoying registration to read their online docs its not too bad to fix.

Depending on the media a card reader would be better anyway.

/rant on. I dont like Kodak OR Sony! /rant off.

Thanks for all the help! I am going to try all those suggestions tonight. I might even try to reload 2000 tonight. I have been having many os troubles of late. :mad: