Need help quick! Looking at a 98 GS.

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
Stopped by a local used car dealer and saw a nice 98 GS. It's got 97K miles and drives really good. I saw about 7.1 psi of boost in 1st gear, then I lifted. Is that about Normal for first gear?

Only thing I didn't like was the oil pan had lots of oil gunk and several drips of oil around it. It looks like it has a small leak just above the exhaust manifold, by where the oil is poored threw. Any ideas?

What kind of MPG do you guys see in normal driving conditions?

Any bad reports about these cars when approching 100K miles? Any experiences from anybody on the board?

What should I look for?

How much should I pay for one of these?

(It's the nice one, black with the bottom trim in gray, leather, CD, no sun roof)

TIA.

http://www.regalgs.org/forum/default.asp

Oil pan gasket is leaking, valve cover gaskets are leaking. Very common for this motor. Strong motor, just weak design in gaskets. For mpg, I see around 30 on the highway in the summer. 98 with 100k , I would say 6K$ to 9K$. Check out the site, plenty of info there.

Thanks for the info guys.

I saw a nice 2000 with 59K miles today for $2,500 more than the 98. Black, grey leather, sunroof, etc. Nice. Motor compartment was really dirty though.

I'll see what the bank can do fo me tomorrow. :D

your main concern that you should worry about would be the transmission on the gs/gtp's. I blew up mine but its better now with a shift kit, high energy clutches...etc.