need help picking cam

xlr8r235t

I'll be getting my block, crank, pistons, & rods back from my machinist on tuesday. Next purchase will be cam stuff, & head studs. I'm looking for some more information on cams that work well in the hot air cars. The motor lives in my '85 t-type, and will be going back into the car with mostly stock trimmings. I want to get the car into 12's someday, and I don't want to go back in the short block before then unless absolutly needed :( . Any sources, and specs. you can provide would be most helpful.

Current state of the project is as follows: stock 20 bolt pan block bored .030, stock crank .010/.010, ARP main studs, aline bored, stock rods resized, ARP rod bolts, forged pistons. Cam, main, & rod bearings have also been fitted, and soft plugs installed.

Hope to have it assembled, & installed by the end of Oct. Only time & money will tell for sure. futher plans include better exhaust plumbing, larger TB, and maybe some head/intake porting. At some point I may even consider some sort of induction cooling.

i'd say the old stand-by 206 comp grind would do just fine.available thru most any tr vendor.

later,sean