Need help on Rear tires.

Replace existing rear with Hoosiers or go to Nitto/MT Radials

• Stick with Hoosier Quick Time (tube required)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go with DR like Nittos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

black87buick

I am new to the v6 community and have put limited miles on my GN simply because it needs tires now (it needed tires when I bought it 3yrs ago). I had completed the engine rebuild and worked out many of the issues. So it is running great.
1987 GN
109 Block .030 over
62mm Turbo (running at 22lbs of boost)
60# injectors
Non emission Alky Injection TT5.6 Chip
Alky Injection
Stock headers, 3" DP, No CAT.
~high stall converter (can't remember stall speed at the moment).
KB intake, enlarged stock looking innercooler

I prefer to stay with a performance tire on the rears even though it will be mainly (always) street driven. There is too much power to waste by spinning a lower quality tire.

It currently has Hoosier Quick Time (tube required biaply) 275 60r15s

So should I stick with Hoosiers or switch over to Radials like NIttos or MTs?

What's your gut feel If you have experience running both type tires?

Thanks guys.

What kind of driving are you going to do? If its a weekender go with MT drs...

If you're driving it a lot especially in the rain go and you want tractions go with toyo proxies drs

For just street driving and you don't care about traction then a set of any radials really...I liked how my kuhmos drove but they were 17" tires

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What kind of driving are you going to do? If its a weekender go with MT drs...

If you're driving it a lot especially in the rain go and you want tractions go with toyo proxies drs

For just street driving and you don't care about traction then a set of any radials really...I liked how my kuhmos drove but they were 17" tires

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What is this "rain" you speak of? I have heard about that stuff in the news but out here? There is no rain in these parts (AZ). :bucktooth:

Strickly weekend street driving with occasionally laying down the hammer. I don't willing drive my classics daily because 1 they are black, 2 they black, 3 for the GN its a gbody in AZ with a short drive to the boarder.:hungover:

If I understand you correctly you are in support of a DR and suggesting I get off the Hoosiers. thx.

Where in az are you? I'm in tucson!
As far as tires. I would highly recommend the mickey thompsons for a street driven weekend car. Expect to get about 3000 miles with little burnouts.

Next for tires that are more of a daily driven(ish) I would go with the Nitto nt555rs great in wet but not really what you're looking for. These tires would be good for traction but also getting more miles out of them next to the mts.

Sent while curing depression with boost.

Where in az are you? I'm in tucson!
As far as tires. I would highly recommend the mickey thompsons for a street driven weekend car. Expect to get about 3000 miles with little burnouts.

Next for tires that are more of a daily driven(ish) I would go with the Nitto nt555rs great in wet but not really what you're looking for. These tires would be good for traction but also getting more miles out of them next to the mts.

Sent while curing depression with boost.

I'm in Goodyear.

Seems like two votes for the DRs and zero for the Hoosiers.