need help, oil presure help ?

The timing cover/pump must come off check that all first for problems then if nothing is found check the oil galleys, then take the cam out last if you still can't find the culprit.
The galley from the pump to the oil pick up could just still be clogged.

You'll need to take it out and tear it completely down to get the crap out of the oiling system. You'll be getting the block vated and new cam bearings and freeze plugs. Sorry Bobby.

You guys are awesome ,this v6 is a damn headache. but i'm positive with your guys help; this dream will come true! I'm on my way downstairs to take off timing cover. and see what the hell is going on... any suggestions are highly appreciated. thanks.

I feel for you man...it is no fun after getting this far to have to start over again. It seems to make sense that you are only getting oil to the #2 cylinder pushrods, as this is this is the first cylinder to get oil from the pump, if I recall correctly. The passages leading to this are generally big enough to pass small particulates, but cam bearing holes and pushrod holes are too small and have a long way to travel.

I hate to say it as well, but tear it down completely and make sure all the "gunk", whatever it might be, is gone. Otherwise, you will just be tracking down oiling problems forever and compromising every vital part downstream from the blockage. Tearing it apart will allow you to be absolutely sure everything is clean. Make sure all the freeze plugs in all the galleys are removed and cleaned with a rifle brush. Good luck and let us know if you need any advice!!

Aaron

Just tore down again the oilpan and timing cover, and pickup tube looks clean. no gunk whatsoever... except vaseline stuck to the screen. did some measurements on my oil pump clearance..please.. note that i have a high pressure oil pump kit on it. it consist of spacers and bigger gears... as a question... is it possible that the spacer could be rubbing gears??? the measurement on the lash between gears are .006/.007. Side clearance on gears to housing are .003/.004 . oil pump end clearance on gears after gasket and spacer appears to be. .007/.008. before i remove the cam... do you guys think this is my pressure issue? i gave the engine a once over... without removing heads/ intake. and blew out any oil passages from oil pump to pickup tube. all seems clear and no gunk or problems. what do you guys think...help....help ....help!!!! you guys have been extremely helpful. what do you think.?? should i complete my teardown?

If something is stuck in the main gallery you can check it out until you pull the plug out of the passenger side to see. You may be able to pull the lifters out one at a time to see if something is in there but it won't be as effective as pulling the engine and making sure there's no problem with the engine.

So just pull out freese passenger side front and i can see it all ?

how about the oil pump clearance does it sound like that could be a issue?

I will try any thing to get some pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS let me know.

I should clarify this some. You'll need to remove the cam and you'll see the main oil galley plug. It's behind the cam.

O.k. will do .How about the oil pump ? What do you think ? What shoud the end clearance on gears be set at ,I do have a gasket kit from t.a. proformance for oil pump.

Get the cam out first and check the bearings then the plug and use a long brush (rifle cleaning kit will work) to clean the passage out. If anything is in it then you need to pull the block for sure. Do this before worrying about the pump. You may have to take the pump off the cover and check everything but make sure you don't need to pull the engine first.

O.K. i got ya ,I will take the cam out in the morning ,that is not too bad it is in a jeep cj7 lots of room,good idea.I have a cleaning rod for my rifle.I will try that. I was just checking the timming cover and the pump in the house and that is the first thing that i can see.

OK lots of beer and some busted nuckles i think i found the problem no clog in motor . cam does have a grove in it. the front bearing looks to be in a good spot to get oil , i just dont see any plugs in it ??????????????? Could this be my problem . and where can i get it . thanks for the all the help .

You mean the oil galley plug behind the cam is missing? Who'd you get to put the motor together? I think you've found the problem Bobby.

YES,YES,YES what the f--- . I didnt bild motor ,my not so good friend built motor after he got it back from machine shop guys , where do i get them ,it takes 2 of them ?

I dont use those welch plugs in the front of a buick.

there fine for a small block but no good for a buick.

if the motor was out..... I would tap the bores for screw in plugs.

but since your working on the engine in the car....

go to a machine shop and get a few of them plugs... and just gently tap them in, then stake the edges to keep it in this time.

A.j.

just got new plugs ther 5/8 and real thin .I will install them tonight. and try to get prime ,again !!!!!!!!!! I will keep you posted thanks for all the help.:)