need help, oil presure help ?

bobbybike

I have a non-sfi v6 turbo i can not get oil presure ? I have turbo line next to oil pump on block with a mech. oil presure guage on it ,no presure . is there any outher place to put guage ,or is the turbo line in wrong place ????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

You have the line in the right place but it sounds like you've lost prime. Has it been sitting or do you have a remote filter on it?

:biggrin:no remote filter. new oil ,new filter,iit has not ben sit-n , even used some jelly in oil pump and primed with tool still no oil presure but has oil comming out from turbo line . is new engine all re=built .I bought engine from friend ,I have done the rest, need some help cool project it is in a jeep cj7 , I hope you can help

:biggrin:No remote filter. New oil ,new filter,iit has not been sitting , even used some jelly in oil pump and primed with a tool. Still no oil presure but has oil coming out from turbo line . It is new engine all rebuilt. I bought engine from friend ,I have done the rest, need some help cool project it is in a jeep cj7 , I hope you can help

Well I helped with your speelingk at least. LOL :biggrin: Was the drill running fowards or backwards? If you did everything right then you should be seeing oil pressure.

I have a non-sfi v6 turbo i can not get oil presure ? I have turbo line next to oil pump on block with a mech. oil presure guage on it ,no presure . is there any outher place to put guage ,or is the turbo line in wrong place ????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

did you chane the timing cover

I know this is a stupid question...but have you tried a different gauge? I had a similar problem in a car once where i freaked out thinking I had lost oil pressure, but it just ended up being the gauge. It was a cheap "Autogage" series...go figure. The gauge was almost new as well.

my spelling sucks and my motor works even worse! the engine is brand new and so is the timing cover. i've never had oil pressure since the new motor. i do have the drill turning the right way , because i have oil coming out of the oil pressure tube. i did purge the oil pressure tube, and tried two different gauges. i'm lost and need help.... i don't want to ruin new motor. p.s. how do you spell this sucks!!!:cool::confused:

If the front cover is new did you check all passages for casting flash? Some have come with holes completely plugged with crap. Search Earl Brown Front Cover Mods & do some reading there to start.

Where is the motor on stand or installed already? I would first try a new guage or borrow one. When priming with the drill is oil coming out of the pushrods? If so I would guess guage is bad.

Good idea i will ckeck the push rods .i have new guage ,i went and got 2 gauges ,i thought the same thing.Yes i installed it in jeep cj7 .Iwant to finish to go to muddfest thanks for the help ,keep it comming

Big trouble ,no oil on pushrods i put my finger in fill hole and no oil on pushrods. what to do next .puck up tube ?

pull the cover off and change the oil pump gears and put a booster plate on see if that works. I had a set of gears that were machined wrong and they would stick together in a certain spot. if its a mellings pump that might be your issue.

Hold up don't go too far. Is the oil pick up clogged? Is the oil pickup tight? Does the oil pickup have a gasket?

You've got me stumped too. If you are not getting oil through the pushrods, I would suspect an issue with the front cam bearing. Either it has not been "clocked" correctly, meaning the holes are not aligned with the passages in the block. I also recall there being issues when mixing different year cam bearings with different year cams. Some had grooves in the cam, some had grooves in bearing, etc. Doubling up on grooves causes low/no oil pressure.

I would suspect this since you are getting flow of oil to the bottom end, but not to the top, and that you have no pressure. Let me do a little digging on the cam bearing issues and i'll get back. I am snowed in right now with nothing to do :)

Aaron

Ya i do have a booster plate on it. how easy should the drill spin when priming,it does not turn real easy but it does turn . when cover was off i can spinn with my fingers (dry,no jelly).:confused: my next question is i think im loosing prime the oil pressure line (tube) looks to have air in it but i did purge the line last night?

can the pick up tube be something to look at with this problem will it make it loose prime thanks for all the help.:confused: