Need help non turbo regal ?

ejb38

els85
I have a 86 regal limited with a 307 olds, the question is the trans could it be a th350 pan looks like it but i was told by people that it couldbe a 200r. I know its not a turbo regal but its what i can afford for now thank you for the help

More than likely it's a 200-4r but who knows. Your best bet is to take a picture of the Tranny and pan and post it up here for a better answer.

It could be, and probably is a TH200 if it does not have overdrive.

TH-200 and TH-350 pans look alike except the TH-350 pan uses 13 bolts to secure it to the trans case, while the TH-200 uses 11 bolts and also has the word "Metric" stamped into the trans pan.

It could be, and probably is a TH200 if it does not have overdrive.

TH-200 and TH-350 pans look alike except the TH-350 pan uses 13 bolts to secure it to the trans case, while the TH-200 uses 11 bolts and also has the word "Metric" stamped into the trans pan.
no overdrive, didnt know they made a th200

it goes into drive but no reverse, when u start the car it acts like its in drive, another member told me it could have this clip that attaches the linkage under the pan that fell off.

no overdrive, didnt know they made a th200

Yes they made a TH-200...it started back in 1976 when they wanted to build a cheap 3 speed transmission that didn't require much power to turn since most engines then weren't even making 200 hp....the TH-200 was the answer. They started using them on Buicks sometime in the 1980's. My 1984 Regal that had the carbureted 3.8 V6 non turbo, had a TH-200. I saw a 1987 Regal once for sale on a used car lot with a 307 Olds V8 and a TH-200.

Again crawl under the car and if it's a squared off pan with a corner cut off, count the bolts: a TH-200 has 11 bolts holding the pan on, a TH-350 has 13 bolts holding the pan on.

Also not sure about the shifter ordeal. Can you put it in park and neutral?

Trans pan ID

trans_pan_id.jpg