Need help ID'ing chip

zapp240

Hi all, I recently purchased a low miles 87GN that i think is lightly modded. I need help in id'ing the following chip. I believe it may be a Red Armstrong chip. i also believe i have the stock chip. the questions i have,
- is Red Armstrong still in business and would he be able to tell me what tune is on the chip.
- if i put the stock chip back in will it run alright with what appears to be a few mods that have been installed ,
aftermarket inter-cooler, RJC 3" downpipe, manual adjust boost, unable to id turbo but possibly a TA62, and i would think upgraded injectors but unable to tell what ones. trying to detune this car for a casual driver. any help or info would be appreciated.
also, car has no alky, want to run 93-94 pump gas

Attachments

• IMG_1013 [293938].JPG
    IMG_1013 [293938].JPG
    74 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1015 [299923].JPG
    IMG_1015 [299923].JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1039 [293789].JPG
    IMG_1039 [293789].JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1042 [298250].JPG
    IMG_1042 [298250].JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 181
  • SA_800.jpg
    SA_800.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 188
What you really need is a chip burned for the mods (and fuel) you are currently running. Trying to run a Red's race chip, which is what you have, on pump gas will end badly for your motor. Park the car until you can get a proper chip in there.

thanks 626, is why i was wondering if Red was still around. The chip was made for the car, (and mods), but when i bought it, didnt know it needed race fuel. i was wondering , with the chip installed, if Red could reburn a chip for lowering the octane to pump gas, since i wont be able to id any parts that might have been put in internally, and the converter being used. actually, thats for another thread trying to id the converter installed.. car is safely parked for now till, i get it tuned properly, thanks for the heads up. if i can get a proper id on the parts, can go to tt to get a new chip.

Not sure if Red is still doing stuff like that but I could be wrong. May as well start a new thread with photos of your turbo (need shots of the wheels with sizes if possible), identifying #'s on converter, etc. Someone should be able to id that intercooler by sight. Lots of sharp guys here that can help. For your injectors, look for some numbers on them then do a google search.

Intercooler appears to be a slic Gn1 or a gbody parts unit,
Turbo cant tell without measurements could be a few different TA series, looks like a bigger exhaust housing tho.
I wouldn't run a Reds chip nowadays with todays octane, that's a 106 race chip the timings probably through the moon, Turbotweak 93 chip is the way to go their cheap enough with a set of new injectors.
You can drive the car now to move it around but I wouldn't spool it past 10psi until fuel system is straightened out..

thanks V6sleeper for the input. so far confirmed the slic Gn1, TA62 turbo with 01D030B 42# injectors, 3" RJC DP, racetronix fuel pump and hotwire, haven't been able to get under her and check the converter, but would suspect it is consistent with the build it had going for the chip, but went ahead and ordered the tt chip for 93-94 octane. If i find the stall converter not compatible, will address it later. I have a loose steering issue am going to look at next. its not bad and the car tracks straight, but a little looser than i want,