Need help identifying problem? Video attached?

87chrisss

BLUBYU

i thought the IAC was going bad so i swapped it out with another one..then i set the tps iac etc, still doing same shit cold start it'll turno on fine everything will look normal i'll go from Park to Drive and it'll shut off everythi,e.. only way it'll stay on is if i give it brake and some throttle like 5% throttle she'll stay on? it'll even sound like it has a huge cam and throttle will float meaning if i tap the gas it'll hover up to around 22-3000k rpm and just stay up there? need help could it be a bad ground or what do you think anyone been thru this mess? checked the grounds all look fine if i had a vac leak iac will go down to 00 and my bl would be very low and rich...

good god that thing sounds bad. We need more info, how old are the plugs? who's chip? you have a WB on the car? tell us more.

I would start with the basics and take it from there. Unplug the battery, re-seat the chip, change out plugs. With more info, we can eliminate more things. If you have a known good MAF, i would swap that out and see what it does.

Plugs, plug wires, MAF sensor, exhaust leak, vac leak, coil pack, fuel issue. The list goes on. Go thru everything one step at a time. With it running that bad it shouldn't be too hard to find.

the car runs fine its just on idle and on a cold start i cant put it on drive without it cutting off. if i give it some gas she drives fine.. and i can stomp on her and she moves hard...it doesnt have a vac leak im at 15+ on idle and my blm is taking fuel away if it had a vac leak it would be rich, no exhaust leak DP to str8 pipe no exhaust on it.. and its in my carport so it sound 3x louder the plugs being fouled wont do that, the maf im hesitant about its a zo6 maf...i will throw in a stock maf real quick and see

Your problem reminded me of a standard-pop the clutch with no gas and it stalls...like it should,so I looked up "car stalls when put into gear" and sure enough if it aint an electrical (some peoples cars stalled because brake lights or something were drawing to much power lol) or engine solenoid problem-people report a torque converter or trans solenoid problem. Maybe on the off chance its like that.

Your problem reminded me of a standard-pop the clutch with no gas and it stalls...like it should,so I looked up "car stalls when put into gear" and sure enough if it aint an electrical (some peoples cars stalled because brake lights or something were drawing to much power lol) or engine solenoid problem-people report a torque converter or trans solenoid problem. Maybe on the off chance its like that.

i did run the fan to a relay i bypassed the stock fan resistor my voltage seems fine over 13 on idle how could i tell if the fan is drawing to much power its the stock fan... im going to change the plugs well im first going to take them off and see how they look i'll just swap them out they are cheap but my plugs are fairly new the wires seem fine ive had plug plug wire problems with msd's wires in the past and when i would be around 12-15 #s it would sputter and act weird so my wires seem to be fine as shown on vid some opens shots no problems, and they are regular wires ac delco or equivalent nothing special

Check your Cam Sensor.
Easiest test there is:
Start car and then disconnect the cam sensor. Drive it and see if there's improvement. You must reconnect before starting again.
If it still runs crappy with Cam Sensor disconnected at least you'll know the problem is elsewhere.
Good luck.

even in the video of you driving the car i can tell its not running right. sounds rich or missing.

even in the video of you driving the car i can tell its not running right. sounds rich or missing.

i'll check it when i get home i dont really here anything missing on WOT not sure what your refering i can feel the car pulling without any hesitation or sputter? boost231 what exactly do you mean? its open downpipe its loud and i recorded with an old digital camera.. i also have it on low boost here so the WG puck opens very early 12-15# here.. my settings are for 20# is what ive been testing @ but i turned it down to test since this problem has occured, im going to try stock maf today to rule out the translator and z06 maf.. and im going to put a set of new plugs..thanks, for the help guys **also on park or drive with the car stopped my converter is really really noisy chattering noise sounds like a rod knock thats the vigilante 7 disk it is really really noisy

IAC is opening when cold start and when you put it in gear it stumbles.I believe you have a converter problem.TCC I believe you can unplug it at the transmission, you said it in you last post converter is really noisy

I doubt that your torque converter should be making any noise. You may want to double check the hold down bolts to make sure they are all tight.

~JM~

I doubt that your torque converter should be making any noise. You may want to double check the hold down bolts to make sure they are all tight.

~JM~

the vigilante are notorious for making shattering noises its a 7 disk the converter is fine if the converter were locked i would feel the difference the converter isnt locked,