Need help finding a fitting, Tube Adapter, Straight, Male -4 AN Hose to 1/4 in Tubing

I don't see anything like that from fastenal or mcmaster carr and they have everything.

You may have to go from -4an to NPT and then from NPT to the compression fitting.

You might try Parker also. They probably won't have aluminum AN, but stainless steel JIC should be the same 37 degree flare.

I think you want to just put a 37* flare on the end of your tube, right? Is it a Stainless line or mild steel, or aluminum? I have a TON of 1/4" B-nuts and back-up sleeves. 37* flaring tools are available from Jegs/Summit. I can send you a B-nut and sleeve. They are available from any hydraulic supply shop, too. (-4 JIC in the hydraulic world) PM me for my number if you need help.

Thanks for the replys. My goal is to install braided lines with an ends, this is for my wagon so I can't use the stock Gn tank lines and would rather make up the braided lines then make my own hard lines. I found the 3/8 to 6an for the fuel feedband the 5/16 to 6an for the vapor just need to figure out the return line. If anyone has any other ideas other then the compression style I was going to go with please let me know. I want to put the fittings on the hard lines and pressure test then before I put the body back on the chassis.

The hard lines on the chassis are stainless from classic tube

Look up Swagelok. They have AN/JIC stainless compression fittings.

I silver solder AN weld fittings to the hard lines. If you have an acetlyne torch, you can buy 45% silver solder and silver flux at most weld shops and solder mild steel to stainless, even brass to stainlees or mild. I don;t think you can find a 1/4" to -6AN compression fitting. or even a 5/16" to -6AN compression. You will need to solder it on.

I would not use those fittings for the high pressure side of the system. THey are rated for a MAX of 50 psi. on ALUMINUM tubing, not mild steel or stainless. Swedgelok stuff is rated for 3,000 psi, but they aint cheap, either. If you just can't find the right size adaptor, I can fab up a steel or stailess compression fitting by TIG welding an AN adaptor to the compression fitting that you need.

This might help: Products - Swagelok

Thanks Ken, I have used swagelok stuff before my dads a pipe fitter. I'll have to give a call today to the local dealer for swagelok and see if I can get the fittings I need if I have to I guess I'll get a -4an and a 1/4 compression and take you up on the tig welding option. I would need 2 made one for the chassis end and one for the tank end.

I think I found everything in swagelok, can you double check my numbers Ken?

SS-600-6-6AN
http://www.swagelok.com/search/find_products_home.aspx?part=SS-600-6-6AN&item=

SS-600-6-5AN
This one does not come up in there site but I found it listed somewhere else as special order. I can use the Earl s Performance 165056ERL fitting for this one though to save a little $ since its only for the vapor line.

SS-400-6-4AN
http://www.swagelok.com/tools/download_pdf.aspx?part=SS-400-6-4AN&configured=False

-Ed

I think I found everything in swagelok, can you double check my numbers Ken?

SS-600-6-6AN
</title> <meta name="keywords" content="" /> <meta name="description" content="Swagelok designs, manufactures, and delivers an expanding range of the highest quality valves, fittings, gauges, tubing and other fluid system products and solutions throu

SS-600-6-5AN
This one does not come up in there site but I found it listed somewhere else as special order. I can use the Earl s Performance 165056ERL fitting for this one though to save a little $ since its only for the vapor line.

SS-400-6-4AN
http://www.swagelok.com/tools/download_pdf.aspx?part=SS-400-6-4AN&configured=False

-Ed

Yep, those look like the correct part number. BUT......You only need this for the vent line: http://encycl.opentopia.com/enimages/1427/1426036/Hose-clamp.gif It's under the car and NO one will see it. YOu could even use on for the return line, too. There should be ZERO pressure in the return line.

I know I only need a clamp for the return/vapor just figured I would make it up with fittings for future pump changes, etc... makes it easier in dropping the tank.

I did some more digging and found these cheaper, but same specs as the swagelok A-lok adapter 4XASC4-316 Parker Fitting.