Fitting idea to add a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
I'd like to share with you my idea of how to put a mechanical oil pressure gauge and keep the oil pressure "thingy" on it, too. I got the fitting (L shaped brass) at NAPA. They gave it to me for $9.48, at a discount because I'm "old".:oldman: The other fittings are available from there also, and the straight 1/8npt fitting comes with the brass oil lines from Summit Racing. Get the "L" fitting with a male 1/4npt and a female 1/4npt, then take out the oil "thingy on top of the engine block factory fitting, screw in the "L" fitting, then add the others. See below. ( let the battery represent the oil pressure "thingy." I'm very tired, in pain, and can't remember the name of it.)
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG

Remember to use BRASS oil lines, NOT plastic...the heat from under the hood "could" melt the line.....or vibrations could make the plastic line touch something hot...this type of stuff DOES happen.....I should know.

I also guess I DON'T get that very rare, cool "funmeter" that Mike had made. (sigh) At least I can dream about one......I also have a Gibson guitar pick I'll trade for anyone's "fun meter" if they are bored with it....even will include a used "G" string that WAS NOT used by George Harrison.:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Last edited:
PM me your address ...I have a few fun meters left from BG last year

Bryan

Whats your opinion on the Teflon line that comes with parts store pressure gauge? I use this for my oil and boost but I'm sketchy about them.

So, what type of battery do we use under the hood to withstand the heat?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk